Friday, October 24, 2008

Roach Trap

I have this pan sitting in my garage underneath the water faucet to catch drips. (Yes, we have a water faucet IN the garage. Weird.) Well, I walked passed it one day and was totally disturbed to find this...
I guess they find a way in and can't get back out. Whats even more disturbing is that they are still alive and they've been in there for at least a month and a half. When ever I take the kids down to the car, as soon as we get into the garage, Jacob runs for the broom which is right by this pan, and every time he get near them I scream frantically, "JACOB...GET AWAY FROM THERE BEFORE THEY GET YOU!!!!" You'd think I'd move it. Seriously, I can see him tipping the pan over and them climbing up his leg or something. It's what nightmares are made of.
I always wondered why every time I see them they are accumulated in a different corner. It wasn't until I enlarged the picture that I came to the conclusion that they are eating each other. I think they find the weakest one and attack. It makes me gag just thinking about it.
So, why don't I get rid of them?? I'm too scared to, that's why. It was difficult to get near enough to take a picture. Plus, I think, as long as they are stuck in there, I know they are not finding their way into my house. So, I'm looking at it like a science experiment. Who will be the final survivor. Haaahahaha. I will post my results if they survive the first freeze next week. :)

9 comments:

Erin said...

What if it freezes, and then thaws, and they come back to life? YIKES!

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

brittany...thats hilarious.

And michelle...sick. I thought you said those were dead? Or were those the ones under a bucket? Anyway...I couldn't bring myself to get rid of them. Not cause I'm animal crazy...it's a friggin roach! But when you "get rid of them" they crunch. BLECH!

Mary said...

Get the Hot Shot stuff that you can spray from a distance of like 15'...then run...at least that is what I do. Oh, and I scream as I spray, which will make them scatter.

I have goosebumps from looking at those pix...I HATE BUGS!!!

Jillene said...

It looks like they are eating each other..NASTY!! You need to make the hubby do it the minute he gets home!!

Jolynn said...

Did I ever tell you about the time Alyssa ate a dead cockroach? It was ...I can't even find the words. I cried. I really did. The whole time I was trying to get it out of her mouth. *SHUDDER*

Whitney R said...

Oooo gross. I would leave them in there to die, too. So cruel... but I wouldn't want them getting into my house either!

Michelle said...

okay, if they froze and came back to life...I would freak out. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they just didn't freeze! Stupid bugs.

Marisa, the ones you are thinking of are he ones we found in the basement in the laundry room sink. They were like 2 inches long, but they were dead. Still, Mike about peed his pants when he came across those.

Jolynn, I remember you telling me about the story of her eating one and I gag every time I think about it.

Wendyburd1 said...

AAAAHHHH! Too many scary BUGS!! Set off a bug bomb woman, you don't have to go NEAR them!!! *shuddering like 100 times*

Debbie said...

I think I'd cry too, Jolynn. That's just nasty. I didn't know your bugs were still alive either, Shelle! I thought it was a collection of dead bugs you were telling me about. Ick, ick, ick. I have to admit that I'd probably ignore them too as long as I knew they couldn't get out! Are you sure they aren't all gathering in the corner to start boosting each other up? ;-) (Just kidding!)