Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Costume Ideas

Honestly, I'm not real excited for Halloween this year. Usually, Mike and I go pick out pumpkins and paint them and I make some crafty decorations and dress up as something fun and we get together with friends. This year, I'm not sure what I'm doing. But whatever it is, it's just me and the kids. I guess I could go get a pumpkin and let Jacob attempt to paint it. But other than that and seeing my kids dressed up as something fun, it won't be the same without Mike. (Super frowny face!) Jacob hates being dressed up, but I'm going to do it anyways, cause I think it's cute, and I do plan to take him to the trunk or treat.

Anyhoo...I want to come up with something fun to dress my kids up as for Halloween. And possibly myself too. Our hillbilly family one was pretty fun. I could do that one again I guess. Last year I didn't dress up. Well, unless you count a HUGE orange t-shirt with a Jack-O-Lantern drawn on my huge belly (on the shirt...not directly on my belly. Cause I think that would be gross). Not the most creative idea I've had, but I spent all my time making scarecrow costumes for Mike and Jacob. After that I didn't have the time or motivation to make a fun costume for me.


Anyhoo, I could technically afford to go buy costumes this year, but I don't want to. I want something creative. So...any ideas?? I mean that's not gonna take too much work or cost too much. :)

12 comments:

Brittany Marie said...

I loved your hillbilly costumes!!
I think you should go as Brangelina. You'll have to borrow some neighbor kids though.

Debbie said...

I guess you've probably already checked out the Family Fun website? I personally think that the Black Eyed Peas costume is awesome (being sarcastic here). The Dr. Frank 'n Monster is kinda cute though. It's a little like Heidi's little old lady giving her a piggy back ride costume. You could tell everyone the monster is Mike... and you could dress up your kids as nerdy lab assistants. :-) Hahaha. Here's the link to that costume: http://jas.familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts?page=CraftDisplay&craftid=10254

And just in case you haven't checked it out already, this link is to the entire list:
http://jas.familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts?page=CraftDisplay&craftid=10254

Debbie said...

Did I mention that I'm sleep deprived? HERE is the link to the entire list:

http://familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts/season/specialfeature/halloween_ms_costumes/

Debbie said...

The tricky gnome on toadstool is kind of cute too (same sort of idea). You could make your kids into either more gnomes or more toadstools. Okay...I'll stop with the ideas now, cause you've probably already seen these. http://jas.familyfun.go.com/crafts?page=CraftDisplay&craftid=12048

Jillene said...

LOVE the hillbilly costumes!! I am not creative in that way--I buy my kids costumes so I am of NO help to you--SORRY!!

Mary said...

I thought that the hillbilly costumes were amazing! Unfortunately, I am not very creative...and I haven't dressed up for Halloween since I was 15, and I just wore a cap & gown b/c I was lazy ;-)

Whitney R said...

Oh no. I have no idea what to do... The hillbilly thing was good :) My SIL made a thomas the train out of cardboard and paint and duct tape. VERY cute. If you want to see a picture I could give you the link :)

Crystal said...

You are always so great and creative! I am totally lame and always buy something. Enjoy another year of being able to decide what your kids will be. I didn't get much choice this year.

Michelle said...

I think I figured it out. I think I'm gonna dress Jacob and Lizzie up as a king and queen and I can be the court jester. I'll just buy a hat and call it good. But I think I could have lots of fun with the king and queen. What do you think??

Mary said...

That sounds too cute!!! Oh, and I love your new profile pic!

Wendyburd1 said...

Uhhhh you could be Lil Miss Muffet and your kids could be spiders...I dunno....LOL!

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

OH! have Jacob be a road. Just have him wear black sweats and then sew toy cars on him. :D or you could go as cloudy with a chance of rain. Put cotten balls all over your t-shirt and carry a squirt gun. Humm...what are some of our other good ones..You guys could do the three musketeers! Just take paper bags and spray paint them blue with the little white symbol on them and turn them into your capes. Then you can paint goties on everyone and make cardboard swords! That would be totally cute. Three musketeers...thats got my vote.