I think they can sense my stress levels increase and don't know what to do. Anyhoo...the one thing that I could really do without, is the midnight parties. Usually, it's just Lizzie who parties. She considers 12am-1am play time. Last night, I had both kids on my bed sleeping. Mike was up writing his personal statement for his residency applications and he wanted me to wait up for him to finish so he could call me and read it to me and get my feedback on it. He finished pretty late, so at midnight we were still up talking on the phone. As we were talking I started hearing jabbering and giggling coming from the other room. I went into the bedroom and this is what I found.

Now look at her face. Does she not look like she's just having a great time?! She was like, "Hi Mom, your just in time. Come play." Jacob looks a little out of it, but he was not wanting to go back to sleep for me. I finally had to turn out all the lights, so it was pitch dark and lay down between them until they went back to sleep. Jacob laid right down once he couldn't see anything and within seconds he was snoring. Lizzie on the other hand kept trying to crawl around on the bed. She worked her way over to my night stand and started pulling things off. Then she rolled back over to me and started trying to pull my hair, slap my face, grab my nose, etc., then back to the night stand to see if there was anything left to pull off...then back to me. And so it went for about an hour. Good times.
Here are some other pictures I got this week. Now at first glance, this looks like child slave labor. But don't worry, I don't make my children do the dishes...YET! Right now I'm just getting them to think that playing in the sink is a game. So that when the time comes for them to actually do the dishes, they will be begging me, "please, please, please Mom can I wash the dishes???" I'll let ya know how that goes.
I don't know what the fascination is, but this kid has always LOVED to shred paper. I thought he'd out grow it. No such luck. Somehow he got a hold of a roll of paper towels and was having a ball.
Um...ya. Look what he found. He is SOOOO never reading "Flat Stanley"!!
Lizzie's first sucker. Look at that blue tongue! She loved it. I like to get my kids hooked on sugar early.
Sadly folks, that's all the pictures I've got to share today. I know, I know. What kind of a blogging Mom only gets 5 pictures. It's pathetic and there is no excuse. I will strive to do better, I promise.
8 comments:
I'm impressed with how patient you seemed to be at 1:00 in the morning. I would be so cranky they would be WISHING they had stayed asleep.
And the paper towel one reminded me of the time I wrapped my kids up in toilet paper to look like mummies, and then for the next hour they had so much fun ripping it into tiny shreds. Fun times.
Oh man...that could entertain my kid for HOURS!!
I think they get the night owl stuff from you. LOL I remember staying up late and watching movies with you until like 2am! Plus all of our awesome Country Dancing at the Social Hall.
Wow, sounds like fun times at the Arnold household. Too much fun. How can you resist that smile on Lizzie's face though?
Kids can definitely sense your stress. I notice that with Alex all the time. Even when I think I'm handling the stress well, I'll notice changes in her behavior or she gets a bit clingy during those times.
Instead of tearing papers, Alex's thing is cutting papers...or anything else she can find. I find piles of cut up wrappers, papers, napkins, plastic, and so forth all over my house. Good times.
We had a 4:00 a.m. party this morning--just me and Olivia. Good times!!
Love the pics!!
So Cute!!
Hey, I finally mailed your prize today. Hopefully it makes it there in one piece!
What cute kids you've got! And thanks for sharing your views on Prop. 8. I loved it!
Post a Comment