Monday, October 20, 2008

Late Nights

I keep telling myself that tonight, I'm going to go to bed early. I have been up until at LEAST 1am for the last week or so. I am so tired during the day, but I just can't make myself go to bed. Today, I think I figured out why. It's because after the kids go to bed, it's my only chance to have true 'me time'. I do have designated 'Michelle Time' when Jacob has his quiet time, but Lizzie is usually awake during at least half that time, so that doesn't really count. After 9pm is when I truly have uninterrupted time to just breath and do whatever I want. (which is usually blog. haha.) The longer I stay awake, the longer 'me time' I get to enjoy. It's wonderful, and it makes me not so jealous of Mike right now, who has every evening free to do what he wants. LUCK-EEE. Okay, not really. I'm still really jealous.

The only downfall to this 'me time' is how exhausted I am the next day. Seriously, my house has gone to pot this last week. I have no energy to clean. In fact, I usually fall asleep anytime I sit down. Tomorrow I have an appt. EARLY. And yet, here I am, still awake at 11pm blogging. I know I should be sleeping and I am not gonna be a happy camper come tomorrow. But, I just can't MAKE myself. sigh. Oh well, maybe I'll jus.......


nhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh adaaaaaaaaaaaaasdddd

Aah...sorry. Just dozed off. [slaps face] Okay, maybe I should go to bed. Good night everyone. Over and out.

10 comments:

Mandy said...

I totally know where you're coming from. "me time" is just so valuable. Sometimes you can trick your kids into giving it to you during the day...Sometimes... (chuckle chuckle) I am however glad that you sacrifice your sleep so I can read your enlightening thoughts. Tell me how I can turn off your "monster mash" so I can hear your video. I am still learning all these blogging tricks.

dust and kam said...

Seriously... go to bed! :)

Wendyburd1 said...

Seriosuly....1am is early to me...yeah BAD NIGHT OWL~!!

Penny said...

I do the same thing! You can try a Rock Star when you HAVE to be awake. They are my new favorite guilty pleasure.

Christa said...

I have the exact same problem. Apparently, I treasure me time more than I do being a fully functioning person the next day.

Brittany Marie said...

It's so tempting to stay up!! But then the next morning....
It's a good thing my attorneys don't care when I come in 10-15 min late. LOL

I love your new tiny profile picture!

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

try putting the kids in bed earlyer. I put mine to bed at 7ish. At first they just stayed in their room till they fell asleep...and mikey ended up on the floor all the time. But now that we've been doing it all the time they're used to it. So they usually go to bed...but they still wake up at 6 or 7 in the morning. But, you aren't staying up as late. Try it!

Debbie said...

I feel your pain...I have two assignments due today and I'm still not finished with one of them, so only about 3 hours of sleep for me last night. Pretty much stinks. I love sleep. *Sniff*

Jillene said...

I have the SAME problem!! And I LOVE sleep SO much so when it is time to get up in the morning----BLAH!! UGH!!

Grandma Arnold said...

Michelle,

I must admit that I am up late due to coughing; NO I AM NOT A SMOKER, but have chronic allergies, sinus problems, and asthma. It has been so bad lately that sometimes I give up trying to sleep and just get up and read, play a computer gane, or watch HGTV. I must leave here Thursday by 7:30 am, and I am not sure how I'm going to get to sleep so that I can get up!?!