Monday, October 6, 2008

And the Saints Come Flocking


Did you hear the gasps? I couldn't tell if it was for the temple to be built in Rome or from everyone imagining a temple in Jackson County. But I can just see the mass migration of saints. Haaahaha. The announcement of "The greater KC area" could not have been more vague. It's not exactly a small area. This is about all the info I could find on the subject.


Announcement: 4 October 2008
Construction Status:
Though a specific location has not been revealed, President Thomas S. Monson announced that a temple will be constructed in the greater Kansas City area.


I think the greater KC area covers the Liberty Area clear down into the Blue Springs area. Not real sure. Either way, I think it's AWESOME that they are building a temple here. It is nearly impossible for us to get to either of the 2 closest temples (St. Louis or Winter Quarters). I think we've managed to make it twice in the 3 1/2 years we've been here because of time issues with Mikes school schedule and rotation schedules, not being able to leave nursing babies with a sitter all day long. This will be a great blessing to the members here. We probably won't be here to see it completed since we will be leaving in 7 or so months, but we are excited about it anyways. As requested by Brittany, when I find out where the location will be, I will take a trip and get some pictures and harass the people there. I may even get some balloons and ask for autographs. hahaha.

5 comments:

Brittany Marie said...

You'd better! [shakes fist]

Katelyn said...

Haha. That's awesome. I want to see pictures of the balloons and you asking for autographs!

Mike and I decided we will make a trip to the temple in Rome one day. Hopefully they'll provide sessions in English there. :)

Mary said...

I bet the housing market will soon start booming the second the temple is built.

Debbie said...

There were a few of them that I wondered exactly where they would be built. It's such a time consuming process though...even the three new Arizona temples that were announced a while back don't have official locations on the church website yet. I understand that it's been announced in some of the wards and stakes, but if I search for confirmation on the church website the information isn't there. Bummer.

Ruth said...

I totally thought of you in my groggy-pulling-myself-from-sleep state Saturday morning. Too bad you'll be gone once it's finished, but if you ever go back to visit you'll have something to look forward to!