This just in. :) Yes, the Temple site location HAS been announced. The Kansas City temple is NOT going to be in Jackson County.
http://newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/news-releases-stories/new-temple-site-locations-announced
It is in fact going to be in Clay County. Which just happens to be the county I live in. Shoal Creek is right up around Liberty. Which will be super cool. I actually suspected it would be around Liberty. I should have posted that so that you all wouldn't be thinking, "no you didn't, you totally just made that up". But really, I really doubted it would be in Jackson County, and if it wasn't going to be there, Liberty was my first guess. That guess was based on me reading up and finding that the Church owned land in that area. :) So there ya go. Don't pack up and move your families to Missouri just yet.
10 comments:
Cool! That's nice they put out an official announcement.
Ya, no kidding. I just happen to be looking at a friends blog and she had it posted.
This gives me more time to get it together!! A temple in the Greater Kansas City area is still very exciting. Celebrate the second temple in Missouri!!! Jackson County is not eady yet.
Hi my name is Jillene and I see your comments on Brittany's Blog. I thought your comment on her post today was SO funny and SO true!! Just the other day I went to the grocery store and saw a girl with her pants up in her armpits and a belt!
I would like to stalk your blog now (because it is great and especially because I LOVE your poll!! hahahahahahahaha!!) Hope you don't mind--feel free to check me out too--I'm not funny or witty but I love this whole blog thing and I comment ALL OF THE TIME ON EVERY POST!! (0;
Yay! (Whew! I love temples but I'm glad it's not THAT temple) :p
Jillene- what did you choose on her poll? :p
OK Michelle, trek on over there and get us a photo!
Isn't Shoal Creek where that storm came up as a mob was chasing them and they hid in a baptist church?
Jillene, I actually already stalk your blog. haha. I'm more of a stealth stalker (Not really sure if I'm even using the word stealth correctly, but you know what I mean.) I'm not much of a commenter. But I have to say, your story about when your kid peed on the grocery store floor was priceless. haaaahahahahaha.
Brittany, I'm sooo getting photos. Now that I know the sight can't be more than a 10 minute drive from me. (I probably shouldn't give so much info about my location, aye. Good thing I have a big dog and a gun.) I have a friend who says she's gonna drive around and look for where they are clearing land. hahaha. I'm actually tempted to do that as well. :) As for Shoal Creek being where that story took place...I have no idea. Maybe I should read up on my church history a little more. lol.
Eeeexcellent. So you don't think you guys will be around when it's done?
I like your Sunday Music thing. Needs more Michael McLean though. :p
Ah, but itsn't a temple in the 'greater KC area' just the ticket?! I am SOOOOOO stoked about that! I had a feeling it wasn't THE one - I know there's some other things that have to happen first before that one is built. But, HOW COOL IS THAT?!
Totally cool. It's just to bad we won't be around long enough to enjoy it. :( Still, I'm totally excited.
Post a Comment