Seriously, I love this movie. The actual love story is totally cheesy, but James Marsden is HILARIOUS!! His facial expressions crack me up!
I have been trying to get Jacob interested in something else besides Elmo's World for a while now. He doesn't take naps very often any more, so we do quiet time and to keep him happy I put on a movie. If he doesn't like the movie he stands at his door and whines. I was getting sick of the stinking Elmo's World theme song. Ack...Now I've got it in my head! Anyhoo...So, I've tried all sorts of different kids shows thinking he'd like them. NOPE. No go. Then I discovered on accident one day, he just has more mature tastes in movies. He likes all the movies I like. Like Hairspray, The Sound of Music, Enchanted, Pride and Prejudice. No, your eyes are NOT deceiving you. I was watching Pride and Prejudice the other day and he sat down and watched it with me. Actually, he pretty much likes any movie with lots of music. Enchanted is his current favorite though. He loves it.
The more I watch this movie, the more things don't make sense to me, but I don't care. I watch it purely for the prince...and Pip.
14 comments:
He's got good taste in movies. :-) I love this one too. My favorite part is when Nathanial asks the Prince if he likes himself and the Prince replies, "What's not to like?" Funny, funny.
I LOVE Enchanted!! And James MArsden is awesome! Every time he gets hit by the bikes just as he starts singing I have to pee I am laughing SO hard!
You've been Boo-ed! Go to my blog to get your treat and pass it on! (By the way, I love this movie too!)
I LOVE Enchanted and so do all 3 of my kids! It is such a great show. I agree with Wendyburd about the bikes--hahahahahahahaha!!
I have not seen Enchanted. I know I know. Good call on P&P :p
I wasn't a huge fan of this movie...but what kid doesn't like a lots of music in a movie...this is why Disney makes so much money!!
You should get into the Classics like Singin' in the Rain (my personal fav!)
I've got a few musicals if you want to borrow them. Fiddler on the roof, sound of music, Phantom, my fair lady, enchanted, & Annie. I still need more though. I want to get Thoroughly Modern Milly, The Music Man, Singing in the Rain, and The Happiest millionaire.
Oh yeah...and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. They have that at Target right now for $7.
the sound of music!!! I finally got my own DVD a few years ago and feel complete. :)
Almost. If only I could find My little pony DVD's.
Hahaha... The Happiest Millionaire. I still can't think of that movie without having flashbacks to the torture of Jolynn watching it over and over and over and over again...
My daughter rolls her eyes when I start to sing "Ah a ah a ahh. . ." when it's time to start cleaning. I haven't loved a movie this much since The Scarlett Pimpernel!
LOVE Singin in the Rain, it's genius! "Good Mornin, Good Morrrrnnin"!!
I have this part memorized AND can say it without getting tongue twisted!
"Moses supposes his toes'es are roses, but Moses supposes Erroniously. Moses, he knows'es his toes's aren't roses, but Moses supposes his toes'es to Be!"
I soooo love this movie!
I always put it on at night to 'fall asleep to' and end up sitting up and watching every minute of it. This and The Parent Trap (Dennis Quaid, hello!) suck me in EVERY time.
Oh that prince. He's such an airhead. That scene makes me laugh.
Post a Comment