Yes, sometimes, I do have them. I decided to invite some friends over this evening to keep me company. Since my friend Tricia is
goin' it alone this month too (her hubby is also doing a military rotation this month), I though she would enjoy some company as well, so I invited her. Another girl was gonna come to, but her kids ended up puking all day and she thought it best to stay home. :) Hope you all feel better soon Marisa.
Anyhoo, I decided to use this as an excuse to try out my some new recipes. I decided to make Jalapeno poppers and chocolate chip cookie dough truffles. I got the recipe for the truffles from my sister. Thank you Jolynn!! I was a little nervous about the jalapeno poppers. I am kind of a wimp when it comes to spicy food. But these peppers aren't gonna last forever. So, I figured at least I'd have someone to help me eat them.
FYI...when working with jalapenos, here are some things to avoid. It's best to put the seeds DIRECTLY IN THE GARBAGE. It's not a very good idea to put them down the garbage disposal, and definitely not a good idea to use hot water to wash them down!!! We have been choking on fumes all evening long. My throat is still burning.
I've also been informed by a reliable source, NOT to do "things" with your hubby after handling them, even if you've washed your hands....... Ya...poor girl. Or poor guy rather. Eeesh.
ANYhoo. I am glad she was able to come over. It was nice having an adult to talk to. She was glad to have a human to talk to, since she lives with a dog. Here are some pictures of my creations.
Jalapeno Poppers.

They were
soooo good by the way. We actually ate them all. Seriously, you should try these. I will post the recipe.
Truffles. Aren't they beautiful?!? I should be a candy maker.

Lets take a CLOSER look. I mean...look at the details. Such talent, I even impress myself sometimes. 
While I was in the kitchen working on all this, the kids were playing happily in the living room. As I was rolling cookie dough, I saw Jacob walk passed the kitchen carrying dirty laundry from his laundry basket. So I went in to see what he was up to...

Now, I put Lizzie in the swing, because Jacob kept sitting on her and she was not at all happy about it. I figured if I put her up high, he'd leave her alone. Guess not.
At least she looked like she was having fun being buried in a pile of dirty laundry. But, I threatened him with time out anyways if he didn't leave her alone. So he took his pile of laundry to the couch and decided to bury himself.
I seriously don't know where my kids get their craziness from. I mean, it's not from me. I am the most normal one in the house. It's gotta be an Arnold thing.
For the recipes for these beautful, culinary masterpeices, see http://anythingcooking.blogspot.com/
12 comments:
They are great! I love your posts. They always make me laugh!
Those truffles LOOK amazing!! How long did they take you to make?! It looks hard!
funny story.. poor poor husband.
i am going to try the truffles later. looks like a good treat for the weekend.
Chocolate chip cookie dough truffles?! Michelle, those are gorgeous! How did they taste? I want DETAILS.
YUMMY!! I myself hate cookie dough anything but my hubby LOVES it. I want to make them for him!! The poppers look delish too! I will be using these recipes FOR SURE!! Thanks!!
The poppers look and sound really good. As for the truffles, you've got some skills. They looked all professional and everything.
Thank you, thank you all. :)
These babies MELT in your mouth. MMMMMMMMM. Soooo good. I actually made both semi-sweet and milk chololate ones. The semi-sweet ones were a little RICH. The milk chocolate ones were PERFECT. But, I've never really been a fan of semi-sweet.
If you can make chocolate chip cookie dough and you know how to use a spoon, you can make these NO WORRIES!! They are rediculously easy. And they are eggless...so you won't get salmonella poisoning. :)
I just formed the dough into little squares...cause I like squares...cause I'm weird like that...and then plopped them in the chocolate, rolled them around with a spoon, scooped them up and plopped them on a wax paper lined pan.
I didn't follow the directions EXACTLY. They said to form balls with the dough and then freeze them. But, I think cause it's humid here, the dough was not a consistancy I could do that. So I refrigerated the dough in the bowl over night. Then it was a consistancy I could form it. I just hurried before it got to soft again. Then once I had them all coated I put them in the freezer for about 20 minutes. Not counting the over night refrigeration, it took me 30 minutes TOPS to make them.
EASY PEASY!! Seriously, I am to lazy to do anything really complicated. Most things I make have 5 ingredients or less. hahaha.
oh man sad day. That all looks so good! And I was looking forward to jalapeƱo poppers because I can eat hot food now that I'm not nursing. I'll just have to come pick some jalapeƱos. Heaven knows you guys have PLENTY.
I'm way glad we won't be getting you guys sick though, gavin's feaver got up to 102.8 last night. And that was with tylonal. Xander has been coughing all day today too. (I still made tater tot casserol though. And it was GOOD.)
Marisa, I need to do some walking today so we might just bring you some peppers. We won't stay, we'll just drop them off. Assuming I can motivate my lazy tush. :)
Reading this is like you're right here talking to me. You are hilarious. I miss you alot. Mandy
I LOVE milk chocolate, yay! Semi Sweet is too bitter or SOMETHING for me!
Oh goodness! You're right I would eat a whole plate of those jalapeno peppers too! =P
Post a Comment