Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The "Toastie Tush"



Someone posted this in a comment on Erin's blog and I am so glad they did. I have been saying for a long time now, that I would pay GOOD money for a toilet seat warmer. There is nothing worse than having to sit your behind down on a ice block. ESPECIALLY in the middle of the night. I have been known to hold it for as long as humanly possible just because I didn't want my butt to freeze to the toilet seat. We should not have to live like this people!! We are civilized now. Of course, maybe I should just be grateful I can sit down and don't have to squat...

Speaking of squatting, that reminds me of my girls camp days. One year we had to build our own latrine and then they were judged. We won. We had a big tarp wrapped around 4 trees. We dug 2 holes...one for onsies and one for twosies. Onsies was a squatting hole and twosies had a log across it for sitting on...which I can't really remember exactly how that worked...anyways, we also has a stick thing that we were able to hang a roll of toilet paper on and a little makeshift wrack for magazines (church magazines I believe) and a shovel. On the "door" we hung a sign that said "vacant" on one side and "occupied" on the other. Looking back, I can't believe they actually made us USE those. At least in years passed they had "the royal throne". It had stairs leading up to it and you could actually see over the top of the stall door. AWESOME!! (I wish I could remember what campsite that was.)

Anyhoo...bring on the toastie tush and may your toilet sitting time be happy!

13 comments:

Jillene said...

HAHAHAHA!! Toastie Tush!! You gotta love it!!

Unknown said...

In Japan, the toilets were all heated. It was so nice. Not to mention the 'hot water spray ' feature that cleaned you every time you sat down. Ahhhhhhh
when I am rich I will install that toilet in my house.

Erin said...

Hey, thanks for adding the YouTube video of it on your blog! That is one of the funniest commercials I have ever seen!!

Katelyn said...

Does your toilet seat really get that cold? I've never noticed before.

Mary said...

I love it!! Sounds like the perfect Valentine's day present ;o)

Christa said...

It is for reasons like your Girls Camp story, that I hated my own Girls Camps. Homemade latrines! Why did they make us do crap like that.

I just realized I sort of made a really terrible pun.

Penny said...

I was so relieved when they finnally brought in the port-a-potty's. Mandy and I would put those firework snappers under the seat and when someone sat on it, it would pop and echo in that small closed in area. It was awesome! I am surprised they didn't kick us out...Good times.

Jolynn said...

I don't know, Shelle. There's just something about a warm toilet seat that grosses me out. : )

Jolynn said...

P.S. This is totally off the subject of bun warmers, but how does Erin know both you and Jodi (my sister-in-law)? I see her comments on both sides of the family! Kinda fun!

Michelle said...

Haha...small world I guess. I just know her through the blogesphere. (I think I found her through Brittany's blog.)

Braden said...

"I have been known to hold it for as long as humanly possible"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urinary_retention

You've now been warned.

Wendyburd1 said...

Wow, I am SO glad that was one thing they did NOT make us do at our Girls Camp, LOL! Using a latrine was bad enough, I usually held it until meal times when we were near the one decent (for a camp) bathroom!

Michelle said...

LOL! Thanks Braden!