And the mailbox WINS!!
As many of you know, I babysit a little girl and this week her Mom has an early shift and has been dropping her off around 6am. It's still dark outside, she drives a minivan, it has tinted windows, and our mailbox is black. Not a good combination. This morning she dropped Amare' off and left. A few minutes later I heard a crunch and then a crash. It took me a few minutes to figure out the noise came from outside. I looked out and there was poor Kara, standing behind her minivan surveying the damage. I bundled up (cause it was -4 out there) and went out to see what happened. She was in tears talking to her husband on the phone. When I got closer I saw that her back window was completely shattered and there was glass everywhere. Upon closer inspection I could see that there was also a nice big dent just below the window. And this is all that happened to the mailbox

See where I circled the dents? There are 2 small dents on the bottom right hand side of the door, and a slightly bigger dent on the top of the mailbox, which may or may not have already been there, not sure. Oh, and there is some chipped paint. Normally, when a mailbox gets hit by a car, it takes the whole mailbox off or at least knocks it crooked or something. (I know, because I've hit a few myself. haha.) That is one tough mailbox!!
Here's a picture of the shattered glass on the grass around it.

Crazy I tell ya!
11 comments:
Is it a steel mailbox?? or possibly iron? Geez...why is your mailbox attacking people?
You have "super" mailbox!!
Oh, poor woman! I feel her pain! Hope she has good insurance! That is one awesome mailbox!
That mailbox is DETERMINED to live!! I would have thought her minivan would take that thing out and squish it like a pancake...what a mailbox. Poor lady is she okay?
I still can't believe you and Mary end up being related, 2 of my fave blogs, that is spooky, in a good way naturally!:)
She is okay now. I felt really bad though because it's a pretty new van and they just got it back from being fixed from some hail damage it had over the summer. She is about 8 months pregnant and the stress put her in labor and delivery with contractions for a few hours. Poor girl.
aw thats aweful. To bad it didn't just knock your mailbox over. But you know what they say...what goes around comes around. That van was shattered...and someday...so to will the mailbox shatter. :D
That must be ONE STURDY MAILBOX
That's too funny, but I do feel sorry for the owner of the minivan.
Some kids drove into our mailbox (on purpose) just after Christmas. It didn't survive. I wish we could have had the same result as this. Then, maybe we could have caught them.
Wow my neighbor should get a mailbox made out of whatever that one is made out of. Someone ran into his and it snapped right in half.
Post a Comment