Okay, I know this is my second post in 2 hours, but I didn't get a chance to post this yesterday. I took Lizzie to her 1 year well check-up yesterday and they informed me that I need to increase her calorie intake and fatten her up. So, today our task is to find as much full fat food for her as we can. What do you feed one year old that needs to gain weight? Any suggestions besides whole milk yogurt and whole milk?
12 comments:
Isn't it amazing that babies can have those cute fat rolls and still be so petite and underweight?!? Of course I haven't seen her in a while so maybe the fat rolls are gone. :-( She does look really small in some of the birthday pics.
carnation instant breakfast... or so I am told. :)
They told me the same thing about McKenzie. So she is one now, That means that she can have peanut butter, that was one of the things they told me. and my kids would eat it buy the spoonful, so for lunch I say penut butter and Jelly & cheese, but not the white, it needs to be orange. well those are my suggestions I hope they work.
I'm no help, we always have the opposite prob with our kids!what about cream cheese bagels?Ice cream always fattens me up, heehee!
Is she really, really small? All of my kids are underweight (go figure) and my peditrician has no problem with it. As long as they eat she says they are fine.
I have a friend who was told to add Olive Oil to all savory foods and Karyo Syrup to all sweet foods.
Well, from what I can tell about your husband from the picture in your header, he's tall and thin. I would say her size has a lot to do with genetics. My husband is the same way and 2 of our kids have always been on the thin side. My doctor has always said as long as I'm not worried about their size, then he isn't. I wouldn't stress about it.
However, I did try the above mentioned olive oil thing when I felt like I wasn't producing enough breastmilk with my 4th. I wanted to see if his thinness had anything to do with it. It didn't. The extra calories didn't really do a thing.
Ya know, I've actually never really been worried about it, because even though she's small, she still has chub. She has rolls. Not like Jacob had when he was that age, but she's not super thin. So, I don't know. The dr. was never worried about it either until she saw that she had only gained 10 oz since her last appt. I guess I'll try some of the suggestions on here and see if it makes a difference. If not, I'm just not gonna worry about it. Thanks everyone. :)
Hmmm, I'm no help there. You've seen my kids! I'd say just no low fat/fat free/reduced fat stuff for her. And, really, kids do need the full fat stuff. Actually, even adults need fat in their diets - just go for the good ones!
I was gonna say the same thing as Sheridy. I would also feed her eggs too. My kids love scrambled eggs and french toast. They'll eat them for any meal.
Well when I was (unintentionally) fattenin' ME up, I ate a lot of white bread and bleached flour products. Oh and sugar. Lots and lots of sugar. :p
Healthy finger foods, as little ones like to feed themselves and do so if offered finger foods regularly. Offer food every 2 hours during day time hours. Whole milk, avoid empty calories such as too much juice, as it is metabolized as sugar. Use whole foods as much as possible.
Avocados and olives are great, healthy fattener's. My kids love avocados with celery salt on top. I agree that it is probably mainly in her genetics and nothing to worry about. My doctors have always said they slow down growing after 6 months.
Post a Comment