Thursday, January 29, 2009

First Steps

Lizzie took her first official steps last night. I wish I had a picture or video to post, but guess what. WE DIDN'T GET TO SEE IT and she refuses to do it again. Such rudeness. Mike and I were out to dinner together and Jon and Trisha were babysitting for us. We called during dinner to make sure everything was going okay and Jon informed us that Lizzie took a step. Evidently we need to get a dog if we want to see it again. I guess she took off after their dog. She took a step, step then realized she wasn't holding onto anything and of course dropped to her hands and knees. We've managed to get her to take a mini half stepish thing at home, but I don't really count that. Maybe one day we will actually get to witness it, but for now she is content crawling.

4 comments:

Erin said...

Of course, the one time you go on a date your daughter walks for the babysitters! Sheesh! Next time, for sure.

Brittany Marie said...

Oh no! I think this IS a sign you need to get a dog!

Grandma Arnold said...

Dab nabbit! You go out for a much needed date night and the little Dear decides to take that first step. Think that's Murphy's law, darn Murphy anyway!!

Mary said...

That is great...but also kinda sucky you were gone. That happened to the people I nannied for. The baby's first word & step were with me.