Wednesday, January 21, 2009

ME WANT CAKE!!


We had a little shindig for Lizzie today for her birthday. We all had a great time. The best part of the evening though, was watching Lizzie dig into her piece of cake. It was AWESOME. She didn't hesitate at all to dig in. The second the plate hit her high chair tray she had both hands in it.



Mmmm!! Yummy plate!


I'm not really sure what she was doing here...I think playing peak-a-boo.



Obviously she enjoyed herself a lot. hahaha. Then we got her all cleaned up so she could open her presents, which the other kids played with more than her. She was (of course) more interested in the wrapping paper.


Jacob had fun with the wrapping paper as well.

Here's a picture of the cake before it was consumed...before I wrote happy birthday Lizzie on it. It looked much better before the writing. Actually it looked a lot better before I put the border on it...just sad. But, overall, I am very pleased with the way it turned out. :)


Lizzie is now fast asleep after crashing from her sugar high, and hopefully Jacob will be asleep soon too so I can crash. Sigh...
(I would just like to add that I am very proud of Mike. He actually did the majority of the cleaning today in preparation for this little get together, without being asked!! Sniff, sniff...He's growing up...sniff.) :)

11 comments:

Debbie said...

Haha, nice! Good job, Mike!

Love the cake, Shelle! It turned out awesome!

Jen said...

Awesome cake! I love it, everything looks great on it! Why do babies have to grow up so fast! Hope she had a Happy Birthday!

Momma Sarah said...

AWESOME cake Shelle! It looks great to me! WOW Mike! He IS growing up, isn't he? The kids made a card for her, but I've yet to get to the post office to actually MAIL it. Geesh! Hopefully, I'll get it there, soon!

Grandma Arnold said...

You guys are so cute! Happy Birthday Elizabeth Rose Arnold. Sorry, I did not call you on your birthday. Please forgive me.

Mary said...

She looks like she had a blast!!! And the cake looks amazing, you totally underestimate your mad cake skilz!

Jillene said...

LOVE it!! My 3rd child did about the same thing--only the cake was chocolate. I love it when they dig right in!! Happy Birthday Lizzie!!

Doublebanker said...

Everyone has to capture the first birthday cake...wish I could still act like that at my birthday parties!

Check out my latest post with a high-speed gif of a ketchup bottle being broken by a bullet

Jaimee said...

That cake is so cute! Happy Birthday, Lizzie.

Brittany Marie said...

Oh I loved the cake! I can't believe they (both!) are getting so big!

Wendyburd1 said...

Aww she looks so cute enjoyinh her cake!! Happy Birthday Lizzie!

millie said...

Fun pictures! Wish I could have been there!