Friday, November 28, 2008

I have fallen in love...

With this hat...


We went shopping for winter clothes for Lizzie the other day and I found this hat. I put it on her and knew I had to get it for her. I mean seriously...
Does she not look adorable in it?! The boy liked it too though. He might not ever let her wear it. Every time I get it out he has to put it on and the mittens that came with it.

The problem we ran into was finding a coat it didn't clash with. Seriously, WHAT is UP with ALL the PINK?!? Don't get me wrong, I like pink, but I don't want ALL of her clothes that color. Evidently they only make baby girl coats in pink and sometimes purple, unless you want to pay a lot more. Mike wanted me to get a different hat that would go with the coats they had there (we were at walmart) but the only one that didn't have Dora on it or some other obnoxious character was a horrid pepto pink color. It was actually a really cute hat, I just couldn't get passed the color. And I just loved the red one soooooooo much. Mike was like, "I can tell right now that we're not getting out of the store without that hat." No way Jose!! I had to HAVE IT! I did finally find a coat that went okay with it that I could afford, after searching the internet for a few hours...and it STILL had some pink on it. Oh well. If I'd been willing to spend $10 more I could have gotten the perfect coat, but I just couldn't do it since I was already spending more than planned.

Speaking of being able to afford things, we were listening to talk radio last night on our way home from dinner and they were talking about Christmas shopping on a tight budget. I got a kick out of the supposed poor unemployed nursing student who was living off of loans who was on a "tight budget" and could only allot $45 per person. I was like, holy moly. 45 bucks?? That's tight?? They are talking to the WRONG person. They need to come talk to someone like me who can't even allot that much to each of my own children. In fact, that's just under what I spent on both of them put together! A tight budget to me would be like $15-$20 per family member (maybe splurging a little more on your kids) and cookies for all others and not eating out or going to movies, etc to save up. HAHA. We got a good laugh out of that one.

6 comments:

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

haha so cute! Yeah..I would have had to get it too. ADORABLE!

Oh and those "budget" hints that they have on the radio or the news are always really dumb. I agree..they aught to talk to some college students with families.

Whitney R said...

I love that hat! It's wonderful - you did the RIGHT thing!

I get a kick out of the morning shows that show "affordable" clothing. "Here we have this stylish beautiful jacket! Only $215!" AH hahahaha. Only? How much does the middle class make again?

Mary said...

Being a poor unemployed nursing student myself...yea, my budget is $10 per couple/friend. I got the neice's & nephews a book to share! Hahaha...well...crap...maybe I am a little too cheap?

Mary said...

I forgot to mention how adorably cute that hat is!!! And I love the pix of the kids with the lights at the top of your page!!!

Unknown said...

I love the pics of your kids with the lights. And your new blog looks great. I may have to be mad at you now. Anyway..

I think you should enjoy the hat and just be glad you are on a budget..you will be glad when you are not paying for your Christmas months from now.

Grandma Arnold said...

You are so talented with all the things you do on your blog site. The lights with the children is beautiful! The hat is cute!!