It was my friend Tricia's birthday yesterday and we had a surprise party for her at a fancy shmancy restaurant. We went back and forth on whether we should get a babysitter or not,then we found out another couple was bringing their child, so we decided to just bring ours as well. When Jon(Tricia's husband) made the reservations he told them there would be children. I was a little anxious about this get together for a couple reasons, the first being that I had nothing nice to wear, the second being that we were bringing our kids to this super nice restaurant. We were the first ones there and this is how the conversation with the hostess went.
Mike: We are here for...
Hostess: (cutting him off) Your party's table is ready.
Mike: Uuh...you know who we are?
Hostess: (Smiling and eyeing the children) Yes.
Me: Ya cause we are the only ones that would bring our kids.
Hostess: (no comment as she leads us to a large table in the VERY BACK.)
Haaahahaha. They were very nice though and as we were leaving they commented on how well behaved our children were. lol. They were very well behaved. Jacob was fascinated with the candles and just stared at them. He was very entertained by them. He only tried to touch the flame a few times. :) I was also very relieved to see that I wasn't the only person there wearing jeans. All in all it was a pretty good evening and I'm glad we went. Next time I'm getting a sitter though.
4 comments:
WOW well behaved IN a restraunt!! A-MAZE-ing!!
dang...I think you lucked out.
Haha, nice! Sounds like it went well though!
That is awesome that they were well behaved!!!
Post a Comment