Friday, November 7, 2008

I got this picture in an email and after seeing the news reports realized...

it's not far off.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/politics/local_elections&id=6493052

14 comments:

Wendyburd1 said...

Did we supply that money? And did the money make Prop 8 get rejected?? I thought people voted!!

Michelle said...

What gets me is that it's basically just the LDS church being targeted. We were not the only church to take a stand on it.

Jillene said...

Crazy huh?! We are ALWAYS the church to get targeted--what's up with that?

Momma Sarah said...

I think that 'cartoon' picture is closer than we'd all like to think. Crazy people out there! Michelle, I read a 2 volume series after you left this summer about the last days - "The Gathering Storm" and 'Zion's Trail" by Kenneth Tarr. They are a, of course, fictional story about the last days. What is really weird is how erie some of the things that happened in the book are very similar to what is going on today...

Michelle said...

Oh Sarah, I am convinced that it is not too far away. :)

Mary said...

I just don't understand some people. Last time I checked we were a Democracy (although at times it feels more like a Republic) and that is why we vote, and the majority rules.
They are saying we are "hating" against them...but what would you call what they are doing??
Do we stand outside gay bars and protest, and tell them they need to be saved? NO. They have free agency, just like everyone else.
Plus, this is a personal pet peeve of mine, generalizing a whole group of people based on the actions of a few. They are mad at the contributions members of the church made in support of this Prop 8...but the church didn't.
I guess for them, ignorance is bliss.

Whitney R said...

That brought me to tears.

I mean... the beautiful temple in the background of so much ANGER and HATE. It breaks my heart.

Can I say that I am honestly terrified of what's to come? It feels like this is just the beginning of something that we have been told to prepare ourselves for since I can remember. I guess I never believed it could get like this. Goes to show how much of a state of bliss I was living in. I'm grateful I'm living in Rexburg, Idaho for the rest of my life :)

Michelle said...

I know exactly what you mean Whitney. I think many of us are recently realizing just how scary the world has become.

Wendyburd1 said...

Does that mean I am safe from angry people, being in CT where gay marriage was just passed? Seriously, does it, or is the WORLD too angry to care? I had problems with Prop 8, I will NOT go into deets, Michelle you know why, LOL. I just HATED this, why target a religion if ALL people could vote? What the Catholics,etc didn't vote, just Mormons? And I am Mormon and I am glad I didn't vote, I couldn't do that to other people. I want HAPPY for the people who can find it. Like Blair, who if you read this blog...NO Your butt looks FINE!! :P

Unknown said...

This is great caption... I posted a few days ago on a similar subject and had to let my voice be heard. It is scary how dangerous it can be to take a stand, but it is so necessary. I hope we are all brave enough to do it!

Brittany Marie said...

There were 3 churches vandalized in Layton over the weekend and at least 2 that I can think of that were vandalized in California. What moral person vandalizes churches? The protests at the temples (including Temple Square) over the weekend were lame. That only makes them look worse and it doesn't reverse the vote.

Michelle said...

ramsam, I read your post and thought it was AWESOME! It is good to see people posting about things like this. :)

I love how in the news clip they were all "stop the hate" cause "go to hell mormons" signs and vandalism isn't hateful at all. :)

Whitney R said...

haha, Michelle... I noticed that too

Brittany Marie said...

So today I saw on KSL.com that someone lit a Book of Mormon on fire and put it on the doorstep of a LDS church in Littleton, CO. Plus more LDS churches along the Wasatch Front are being vandalized (I think the total is 7 now). Cause you know, THAT isn't intolerant or anything.