is what we paid for gas today. I keep thinking it can't possibly get any lower and then it does. I never thought I'd see gas prices this low ever again. One silver lining of the struggling economy I guess. :)We went to the mall today to let Jacob play on the play ground there, which was swarming with overly hyperactive children, many of which were too big to be playing on a playground which was built for smaller children. Not 10 year olds. I couldn't put Lizzie down or she'd get trampled, and all the play equipment looked like flies on poop there were so many kids climbing all over them. So Jacob just ran around in circles. At one point he happily ran up and down the ramp that leads down to the play ground. He was having a great time.

Eventually kids started leaving and he was able to play on the bridge a little before it was time for us to leave.

While we were there I ran into a friend of mine who had just had a baby. While we were standing there talking a man pushing a baby in a stroller walked over and asked me if Lizzie was 4 or 5 months old. I kinda chuckled and told him that she was actually 10 months old. I think he felt kind of dumb. He told me that his baby was just a few months old and they were about the same size. Maybe I should have lied and told him that she was 5 months old. I did however assure him that she is small for her age...at least that's what I'm told. lol. It kind of reminded me of when I was pregnant with Jacob and some guy asked me when "she" was due. I looked at him confused and said, "she?" He says, "yes, you look like your carrying a girl." I laughed and said, "oh believe me...there was no mistaking the little boy equipment we saw on the u/s." Haaahaha. Anyhoo.....
Here's a very fuzzy picture of me holding Lizzie so she doesn't get clobbered by all the spastic children.
19 comments:
Hahaha- what in the world does one who is "carrying a girl" look like? Were you wearing a giant pink bow around your middle?
And how in the heck are you getting gas prices like that? Ours are at about $1.74.
PS: My word verification thingy for this comment is awesome. It's "phickeye".
Haahahaha. Some of the word verifications crack me up.
It looks like the gap has narrowed though. Last month the gas prices here were about 50-60 cents lower than they were in UT. Looks like everyone is starting to slowly catch up. lol.
Lookin' good, Shelle!
It's been over a week since I bought gas, so I haven't noticed the gas prices since then. It was still 2.39 at that time. I'll have to notice tomorrow. We drive past a gas station on our way to church. I didn't think it would ever get as low as 1.39 again anywhere. Wow.
Oh you're so cute! Hey $1.39!! We were amazed it hit $1.95 here!! No fair!!Hey I was happy if I had an area I could spin til I get dizzy and could fall down....what?
$1.39! It is a Christmas Miracle!
Am I the only one that hates when gas stations put the numbers upside down! That 3 is wrong! :P
Lizzie IS small. Remember when we compared her and Sydney? I'd bet Sydney is still just as big as Lizzie. How much does she weigh?
HEY! I got your present that you sent me! I don't know exactly what day it actually arrived, but I found it today. The mail man threw it in the 2 ft tall ground cover that is by our porch. Que noticed it today when we came back to the house after walking the dog. That was SO AWESOME that you sent me that! THANK YOU!!!! And it is even something I can eat! Thank you SOOOO very much!
PS: I think "Phickeye" will be my newest Fake Swear.
Did people just turn these too big kids loose and leave them? Lizzie is just right.
Katie, I have no idea how much she weighs because my dr office is retarded and didn't let me schedule her 9 month appt. until next month (when she will be 11 months). But, at church today I noticed that she was about the same size as one of the little 5 month old babies in the ward. Poor girl is gonna be a shorty. lol.
Phickeye!! He threw it on the ground cover NEXT to your porch? He couldn't even put in ON your porch?? Didn't it fit in your mail box? Unless it came UPS. Then I'd understand. They put things in wierd places when your not home. hahaha. I'm glad you like it and I hope it really is edible. lol.
Those play areas scare me as an adult!
I am jealous about the gas prices. It just hit 1. 79 here...but is 10-15 cents cheaper 25 minutes away. I was so shocked when I was able to put 3/4 of a tank in and only pay $14.50!!!
Lorie, at first I was like, "what in the heck is she TALKING about? This girl is wierd". Then my husband looked at it and pointed out that it really IS upside down. lol.
OK, I am definitely weeping. How is this possible? We are at $2.68 still. Even the lawmakers are baffled as to why we still have such high gas prices (there was even an article in the paper about it yesterday!)
Even though gas is about $1.79 here in Utah, I'm jumping for joy over it. I never thought I'd see prices that low again
Yeah, I'm a loser mom. We were at McDonald's the other day. Travis(who is 10) was playing on the playland. I thought nothing of it until Jon pointed out that the sign says no kids over 4 feet tall are supposed to play on the equipment. Holy Cow. At least two of my children should no longer be playing on the playland, and I didn't even know it. In my defense, however, there were no other children present besides my own. And we did leave when more kids came. Does that make it better?
WOW! No fair! But, I'm not complaining ONE BIT about the lowering gas prices since they were over $4/gal here this summer! I did see a sign for $1.97 in town, but most are still around $2.09 - not bad! I'll GLADLY take it, unless it wants to go LOWER, of course!
Hey! I think I know what mall you were at! It looks familiar from the two pictures you have anyway... Which one was it? I'm dieing to know!
Sorry this one's long... but here's my word verification: untri Love it!
Yeah, it's still $2.15+ here. :P
"fem bra"
Sarah we were at Independence mall. It's our favorite mall. :)
Jolynn, you are forgiven. haaaahaha.
HA! I was RIGHT! I know my Independence Mall! I spent a lot of time there - well, not a LOT, but growing up, we'd always go there for family pictures, back to school shopping, etc... OH, how I miss Missouri!
Post a Comment