Monday, November 10, 2008

The Boy and Little Miss

We picked the name Jacob because...well, we really liked it, but I really wanted to call him Jake. So far we've used The Boy, Jacob, Jakers and occasionally Jacobus, but I've only used the nickname Jake maybe twice. Mostly we just call him The Boy and we mostly call Lizzie, Lizzie or Little Miss.

Yesterday as I was hanging our new family pictures on the wall I started pointing to people in the pictures and asking Jacob who they were. Here's how the conversations went.

Me: (pointing to Lizzie) Who is this?
Jacob: a Sissy.
Me: (pointing to Mike) Who is this?
Jacob: a Daddy.
Me: (pointing to Jacob) Who is this?
Jacob: Da Boy.

Okay, maybe I didn't hear him right. So I continue.

Me: (pointing to me) Who is this?
Jacob: a Mommy.
Me: (pointing to Jacob) Is this Jacob.
Jacob: a Da Boy.

hahahaha! Maybe I should start using his real name more. He's gonna go to school thinking his name is The Boy. LOL.

13 comments:

Mary said...

LOVE your new background ;o)!!!

I started calling my friend's son "Posh" (his name is Josh) when I watched the kids for the week...and my friend and his sister both call him that. And I still call Jeffrey "bubba" and "flower".

Real names just aren't as fun! Plus, with a name like Mary (which I love), you just can't do a lot with it!

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

Haha Mikey has started calling Gavin Mr. Boogers. Our boys are so funny.

Jillene said...

That is So funny!! My son has a friend and when they were little he couldn't say his name--Corbyn--so he called him "comb" and it stuck with us and all of his family. Still at 9 we are all calling him "comb". The boy is not so bad!! (0;

Unknown said...

Write it down NOW ( or print your blog) or else you WILL forget, I promise.

Jaimee said...

Ha, Ha! That made me laugh. I can just see him introducing himself as "the boy". It sounds kind of cool, like "the chosen one" or something.

Whitney R said...

hahaha, no no, it's, "da boy" Sounds so much more gangsta.

Ruth said...

ha ha. I think I called my brother "boy" from his 8th and 9th grade years. That or ugly. Consider yourself a good mom that you haven't given him a worse name. :)

Wendyburd1 said...

I like the name Jake, better hurry, lol!!

Christa said...

Usually, none of my kids get called their actual names around our house. It's always a nickname of some sort. Don't sweat it. He'll figure it out by the time Kindergarten rolls around.

Debbie said...

Hahaha! That's funny! What a kid! Alex has about 10 different nicknames and I rarely call her by her real name. She likes it though. If her friends are around though, they always ask her in a confused tone why I called her Lu-Lu or Fred or George or Helga or Lucy or Gladys Giggle Guts. :-) Poor kid!

Momma Sarah said...

LOL! I wasn't sure how you felt about the nickname Jake - (I should have asked, huh?) I kept wanting to call him Jake when you all were here. It just seemed so natural to me since I have a brother with the same name.

Katelyn said...

Haha. How cute. When we named Cambree we always planned to call her Cammy, but we rarely do. Other people call her that, but not us. We never had any nicknames planned for Sydney, but we always call her Neyney because that's how Cambree says it.

Erin said...

That is really cute. Get it on video too, then he can laugh about it when he gets older!