Friday, November 7, 2008

Jacob's art work and Lizzie's newest trick

Jacob loves pens. This used to freak me out with visions of him running with one in his mouth and falling or something, but I discovered that he is actually really good with them. He never puts them in his mouth or runs with them or writes on walls or anything. If they have lids he just likes to take the lid off and on over and over again, if it's a click top, he likes to click it. So when he came and grabbed a pen off the desk and took it into the other room, I didn't think anything of it. Then I found him sitting in his little chair "coloring". He drew on his hand, his shirt, then is legs and feet. Niiiiiiice.

Guess I should keep a closer eye in this kid. :)

Lizzie has figured out how to pull herself up on things. She watches Jacob and Amare' climb up on the slide all the time, I guess she wanted to give it a try. she was sure trying hard to get her foot up on that first step.

And I've never met a kid who didn't try and pull themselves up with the safety gate.

and chew on it. Yummy :)

10 comments:

Mandy said...

Jacob's "art" is fantastic. At least it's not on the sofa. Lizzie is growing up mom. Watch out!

Skylin said...

Wow, climbing ladders before she can walk! ;) just skippin a couple steps there.

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

haha you should read my sister-in-laws blog post.

http://sheriwx.blogspot.com/2008/10/baby-gate-rage.html

Mary said...

At least he didn't color Lizzie!

Whitney R said...

Mmmmm... Baby Gate.

Almost as good as Black Bean Brownies

Jillene said...

My kids have all drawn on themselves at some point or another. Just be grateful that it wasn't a sharpie!!

Shauna said...

Hey, I ♥ your blog! Thanks for sharing :)

Wendyburd1 said...

She sure is enjoying Baby Gate...must be Mmmm-Mmmmm good!

Debbie said...

Haha. No more pens for Jacob. His hair looks so much lighter in that second picture. Lizzie looks so darn cute peeking through the slide steps. I miss squishing her cheeks!

Christa said...

All of my kids have used themselves as a canvas. The worst is when they do it with a Sharpie and it won't come off for about a week. Tukeys. ☺