Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Tag

This is a Thanksgiving tag. I am to write about 5 things I am grateful for, then tag two other people to do the same. Relatively easy task since there is so much for which to be thankful. (Actually, that's what makes it so difficult. :))

1. My family. Both my little family(hubby and 2 kids) and my BIG family(my parents and 14 siblings, their spouses and adorable kids). Hopefully I too will be able to have many children of my own so they will have the blessing of growing up with lots of brothers and sisters. I know some of my siblings resented being in such a large family growing up (I am sure they are over it now, haha) but I have always LOVED it. I am even more grateful for them now that we (most of us) are adults. No matter what is going on in my life I have someone to call and there is always someone who can empathize with me. I love them all! Every single one of them has blessed my life in one way or another.

I have the best, most thoughtful husband in the world. I realize every day how lucky I am to have found him. No one else would be as patient with me as he is. He puts up with a lot and continues to stick around. He must really love me. haha. I also happen to think I have the cutest, funnest kids in the world as well. They make me happy every day. Some days more than others, but there hasn't been a day since I had them that they haven't brought me joy and I have never regretted having them in my life. I don't know what I'd do without my husband or my children and I can't wait to have lots more kids.

2. The Internet, especially blogs. :) Without the Internet I wouldn't feel nearly as in touch with my family and friends and would probably still be single. lol. And it has made it possible for me to find old friends that I had long since lost touch with and make new friends that I hope to one day meet in real life. It also contains a wealth of information that would take me years to look up at a library. haha. It has saved me many pointless trips to the Dr. office (of course there have been times when it has made me WANT to go to the Dr, and caused paranoia...but we won't get into that. haaaaahaha)and just made my life easier in many ways. I could go on and on.

3. Digital photography. I have about 10 undeveloped rolls of film from who knows where or when. And half of those pictures are probably blurry or otherwise just look bad. Now I can click a picture, look at it and if it's no good take it again until I get exactly what I want. No surprises. I am able to get priceless pictures of my loved ones and remember special events with no regrets of pictures not turning out right. I'm also grateful for my external hard drive that I can save them on so that if my computer dies or something else bad happens I will still have all my precious memories stored safely away. :)

4. The gospel. I hate to think what my life would be like without the knowledge of eternal families or the atonement. It's comforting to know that we have a loving father in heaven who cares for us and is watching out for us and loves us enough to send his own son to suffer and die for us all. I don't know if I will ever fully understand it, but being a parent puts it a little more into perspective how much he must really love us.

5. My health. I rarely get sick (knock on wood) even when everyone else in my family gets sick. I am grateful I am (almost) always able to care for my family and carry out my daily responsibilities. I am grateful that I am able to see, hear, speak, walk, etc. and rarely in need of medical intervention. Hopefully that will never change until I get old and no one needs me any more. :)

Well, since it is after 10pm on the Eve of Thanksgiving I highly doubt many people will be reading this until after their turkey comas have worn off. So, I tag anyone who reads this and has time to do it between baking, visiting with family, eating, napping or watching football.

4 comments:

Grandma Arnold said...

Michelle,
You are an awesome daughter-in-law, daughter, sister, aunt, niece, mother, wife, and most importantly daughter of Heavenly Father. You set an awesome example to all around you. I am fortunate to be your mother-in-law. You and Sarah amaze me with your wondrous abilities as wives and mothers!

I am thankful for family, Heavenly Father, and the Gospel. The rest is gravy, but I'll expound anyway!!

I have five wonderful children (grown, but still my children) and stand in awe of each of these unique individuals. I have kind and loving siblings, and praise Heavenly Father for them. I am very excited that I will be grandma again in February. Hip Hip Hooray!!

How do I begin to tell of my gratitude to my Father in Heaven for transporting me to Germany where I could hear about His Church and Gospel without anyone to discourage me from listening. I am Eternally grateful for His kindness to me.

I AM TRULY BLESSED

Mary said...

I am thankful for your continuing patience in dealing with this pestering SIL ;o)

I love ya girl, and am so glad you & Miguel found each other!!!

Debbie said...

Ah, we love you too, Shelle! Happy Thanksgiving! Missing you loads!

Whitney R said...

I love your thankful post. Great 5 thankfulnesses! I especially love your shout out to digital cameras. I SECOND that! And your number 4 :) Funny, cause my number 4 on my blog is about the same thing :)