
I dug into the middle to see if it was even remotely edible...bleck!! Not even close. Such a disappointment. Oh well, better luck next time. I have the same problem with grilled cheese sandwiches. I have a 50% success rating. But it's taken me a while to improve even that much. Struggles!!
On a happier note, this is my month for sharing time. Yesterday I tried to tie something Thanksgivingish into the topic. So I found this fun little activity where each kid gets a feather and they write something on it that makes them who they are. This was the end result

The younger kids pretty much just colored their feather, but the older kids actually wrote something. There were some cute ones. "I RED The sKiSPRs", "I have bug hows name is Kona", "I am 7 years old. I have brown here". But my favorite one was, "I love Tom's diner" with little musical notes around it. hahaha. Maybe I should go check out Tom's Diner.
17 comments:
Do do do do, do do do do, do do do do, do do do do. That's the Tom's Diner that I know.
I love this idea! I have Sharing Time this Sunday. Where did you get the turkey?
Oh, and I'm sorry about the bread. That's a bummer.
You should try Rhodes frozen bread dough. Even I can't make a mess of that. It is YUM-O.
Cute sharing time ideas!
Bummer about the bread--mine would look the same!!
This is where I got the feathers.
http://www.enchantedlearning.com/crafts/thanksgiving/thankfulturkey/
I was to lazy to put together this turkey body though, so I just googled turkey teplates and found one I liked that I could just print off and cut out. :)
That sharing time turkey is totally cute!
I have a bread recipe that works really great but you need a mixer to make it and I don't have a mixer. Bummer. I'll give you the recipe though if you want it. It's an awesome recipe and it makes really great pizza crust and all kinds of other things as well.
Honestly, I'm with one of the earlier commenters though: Rhodes bake and serve is totally the way to go. Yummy, tastes homemade, and sooooo much easier!!
Cute idea! I'm gonna have my sister call you! She's got sharing time right before Christmas!
On your bread machine... you have to make sure you measure pretty exact and add the ingredients as they are listed. (wet first, then dry) Other than that, I don't know any other 'tricks'!
haha I have a friend who burned water...it had minerals or salt or something in it. All of it evaporated...and it left the minerals in the bottom to scorch. lol
Hey do you guys wanna come over some time this week and watch KungFu Panda?
you make brocoli cheese soup and I'll make wheat bread bowls :D
hahahahaha me too!! If there was 1 thing I could have changed about the way I was raised, I would want SOMEBODY to teach me how to cook! Luckily I married a great chef and I'll probably still not ever be able to cook (he doesn't let me cause it usually sucks) So my specialty is heating up a burrito in the microwave. lol
Let's blame the breadmaker. When my breadmaker bread fails, it usually looks like a rock. You're lucky to have bread that has a smooshy middle.
That is nice bread Michelle!
Oh yeah, and that new button is fabulous!!
Thanks for posting it. :)
Ohhhh sorry about the bread...it looks...ummm....okay anyway,LOL. Cute Turkey!!
The turkey is adorable!
Sorry about your bread...but at least you attempted it. I am too scared.
The turkey is so cute. Zachary just pointed out the feather he colored. He was so excited to see it. He said,"That's the turkey that I built in primary."
I was scared of my time to do sharing time and it turned out okay!
And the bread... I'm sorry. Looks a little.... dry? haha, let us know when it works!
Bread has always terrified me for some reason! I'm the same way with my bread maker. Sometimes it just doesn't work out, even if you do everything the same. Today I was craving a hard boiled egg and had to call Jeff to see how long to cook it. He had to refer me to our huge "better homes and gardens" cookbook. It actually had a recipe for boiled eggs and scrambled eggs. It made me laugh, thought I'd share.
Have you wondered if it's your bread maker's fault? Seriously. Next time just mix the dough in the bread maker, then let it rise in a bread pan. If the bread maker is screwy it's not your fault if the bread doesn't turn out.
What a cute turkey!!
I didn't overcome my fear of making bread until I had four kids!! Seriously, good luck as it sounds like you've had some wonderful suggestions.
Post a Comment