Wednesday, December 31, 2008

What would today be without...

a YEAR IN REVIEW post. So, here is the post you've all been waiting for. Michelle's 2008 Year in Review:

January: Gave birth to beautiful baby #2, barely making it to the hospital in time and traumatizing my 2 year old by making him watch the whole thing. (Poor kid, I think he has finally recovered.) Became a great Aunt and Mike and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary.

February: Started off the month by ordering the blue light special for our obnoxious neighbors. Turned the big 30...I mean 25...again. Got a new calling and Jacob started to talk...finally.

March: Celebrated Jacob's 2nd birthday. Got a fish.

April: Celebrated Mike's 29th birthday, Blessed Lizzie, Survived my first month alone while Mike was away for a rotation, experienced some crazy, scary severe weather, and got rid of the fish.

May: Celebrated Memorial Day in style by bbqing some awesome kabobs, spent a lot of time outside at various parks, found out one of the obnoxious neighbors has a son who he doesn't watch very closely.

June: Finally (after 3 years) got things figured out with the army and got our back pay (after a year of having no income) and was held hostage by a bat.

July: Spent the month in Richfield partyin' it up on the 4th, doing a lot of yoga with Deb, catching up with family at the rose reunion (where I discovered Jacobs love for parking lots and got a sweet tan...I mean painful sunburn) while Mike spent the month alone...studying for boards. Mike started his 4th and final year of med school.

August: Spent the month in WA where Mike did a rotation at Madigan, ate a lot of Bon Bons and spent a lot of time in the pool and at parks and having loads of fun with the in-laws.

September: Started out the month with our loooooooong drive back to MO, during which we saw rain, sleet, snow and got rear ended by some punk teenagers who drove off...but eventually got busted cause they drove away slow enough for us to get their licence plate #. Watched Mike run a 5k and get a trophy, and switched my blog to blogger. :)

October: Spent another month alone w/o Mike while he did a rotation in Texas, Temple site announced in MO, had way to much fun dressing the kids up for Halloween and my little sister returned with honor.

November: Saw gas prices fall by about $3 a gallon, Spent Thanksgiving with wonderful friends, who I just realized never got posted about. How could I let that happen??? I'm such a bad friend!

December: Found out we will be moving to NC after graduation, spent most of the month making fun Christmas crafts and playing in the snow, came within 5 lbs of my wieght loss goal bringing my total loss this year to 25 lbs and 3 pant sizes, had a fun little family Christmas together, and are hoping to find something fun to do to bring in the new year.

Overall it's been a very eventful year full of excitement. I've met lots of new friends and hope to keep them all while making many more. Here's to an awesome 2008!! I hope you all have a fabulous and safe New Year!

5 comments:

Erin said...

Wow, what an exciting year! I love how eating bon bons was really really important. It is important in my book too.

Happy New Year Michelle!

Brittany Marie said...

Wow, great review! I can't believe you will have been married 4 years next month! Thanks again for making it such a convenience for Que and I to attend. LOL

Mary said...

Great review!!!

I really enjoyed getting to visit with you all in August...I wish it could have lasted longer!

Wendyburd1 said...

Wow, I have no clue what I did last month let alone for a whole year!! Wow! And does that mean a birthday very soon? The first? Wow!

Momma Sarah said...

Hey! I knew you were being stealthy 'making' me eat all those bon bons! I gained back everything I had lost! ARG! Oh well... he he!! Guess I better get back out on that trail - but with out crazy bunny, bats, and snakes! Way to go on your weight loss goal! That's GREAT! I'm still in denial about you guys going to NC though! Oh, and when you get a chance, could you send back that book?