I haven't posted in a while and have had lots going through my mind lately. So I decided to do a random thoughts post. Cause you know, those are always fun. :)
I have been slacking off a lot on my blog stalking. So, I apologize to all you out there who I have been neglecting. My blog surfing has been replaced by looking at houses to rent or buy, cause we haven't quite made up our minds on what we want to do. It is so tempting to buy, because we could get a nice size house for a very good price. But as we've been looking we've noticed that there are a BAZILLION houses for sale. Which makes us wonder if we would have a hard time selling in three years, assuming we do move that is. Renting would be easier, but we both REALLY want our own house. I have heard what a pain it is to buy and own a house, cause you have to do everything yourself, but on the flip side, I hate that I have no say in the color of my walls or my carpet. And I hate that I can't get rid of the disgusting carpet we are currently dealing with and I hate that I have to call and ask permission for things like hanging curtains.
Remember the cockroaches in the garage. Well as of last week they were still alive. Some of them had been cannibalized, but most of them were alive and well. Mike cleaned out the garage and got rid of them though. So that put an end to my little experiment. But they lived for about 5 months in that pan. Disgusting bugs!
One of my worst fears is losing teeth. In high school I used to have nightmares about my teeth slowly falling out one by one. (that and rows of empty toilets tipping over or giant flooding toilets, but that's a topic for another day.) So when I went to the dentist and he informed me that the root of one of my front teeth was disintegrating and that tooth would one day break off, I was a little disturbed. (He says it's common when a tooth has been through trauma, and both of my front teeth have been through A LOT of trauma.) He told me he gives it no longer than 3 years before it breaks off, but since I was going to have better insurance when Mike starts residency he thought I would be fine waiting and getting it taken care of then since it is a pretty expensive fix. That was about 6 months ago. A few days ago I noticed that tooth starting to hurt off and on and now it constantly throbs and is feeling a bit wobbly. So...looks like I'll be forking out the money to get a temporary fix. AKA a retainer with a tooth attached. Hopefully I can get in before it really does break off and I have to face the humiliation of walking around toothless. I have been praying really hard that that does not happen.
I can't believe Christmas is almost here. I've decided that most of the fun of Christmas is the month long preparation and fun activities leading up to the actual day. All the crafts, decorating and baking and stuff. So much fun. One thing Mike and I decided when we got married was that we would not go over board with the gifts, for each other or for our kids. Growing up in my family we got 2 gifts each. One from Mom and Dad and one from Santa. It was similar in Mikes family. I never had a problem with that. I knew all my friends got a lot more than that, but for some reason it never bothered me. I have always been grateful for my parents for that. I hope to be able to teach my children that the presents are fun, but not the main deal. However, I find it really hard to stick to that. There are so many fun things I would like to get for them. But I stayed strong!! This year they are getting one combined gift from Santa and one gift each from me and Mike. I'm very proud of myself. :) Here's hoping they don't grow up resenting us for it. haha.
Okay folks. That's all we have time for today. Laters!
9 comments:
We are doing something similar this year for Christmas. A friend of mine blogged about her family's traditions and mentioned that they always got 3 presents, representing the gifts from the 3 wise men. I thought that was a GREAT idea. So, that's what we are doing this year.
Hope your tooth stays put for a while longer! Those are some scary dreams!
Roaches are cannibalistic? SICK!!
I hope you have a Merry Christmas and that you don't get any creepy ice storms this year!
Well Michele I have to say I to had a couple of night mares about loosing my teeth!! scariest thing ever!! I say you rent That way you don't have to deal with things in a bad economy and you don't have to pay out of pocket of a fixer upper, because Mike will never be home to do it and you'll end up being the one to do it. I wish that I had time to wright random thoughts like you. but I don't have time, Today I spent my time yelling at my kids. I can't wait for school to start again life will be a little easier I hope.
Have a great night good luck with finding a house. or Apt. or what ever you decide.
Those roaches STILL live? Ewww!
Wow, 2 presents?!! I think I'd be very sad NOW! But I am a present lovah. The thrill, the suspense, oh what can it be?!
My dearest Michelle,
I, too, have a fear of losing my teeth and have had that fear for years. I will keep you and your teeth in my prayers, that things will be ok. Come on residency!! Sorry, no toilet dreams, but have dreamed about losing teeth.
I am proud of both of you for having a plan for gift buying and sticking to that plan! It is never easy.
I love Christmas too. I'll be very sad when it's over. How's the tooth holding up?
i have crazy dreams about very random disturbing things...but never losing teeth. I hope all goes well!!!
Great job on the gift buying. Your tradition has inspired me for the future!!!
So far my tooth is still attached, but it's aweful wobbley. Good thing I have a dentist appt. soon! :)
So I'm a little behind on my reading, but I just had to tell you that I laughed when I pictured you toothless (sorry). A certain SUU boy came to mind and I simply refuse to think of you as falling into the same category.
Post a Comment