Friday, December 5, 2008

Too Quiet...

As you all know, that is NEVER a good thing when there are toddlers around. I was in the kitchen feeding Lizzie and enjoying the peace and quiet,when all the sudden panic hit me..."Why is it so quiet????"

Oh, THAT'S why...

Don't they look like they are having the time of their lives?! All at the expense of my poor tree.
Yes, those are all the bead candy canes I made, now completely dismantled. They sure had fun doing it though. Amare' would pull all the beads off and Jacob would gather them up and throw them into the air. "Wee...it's raining pretty beads." They were put right in time out (after I got pictures of course) and both received stern lectures about not touching the tree, which I am sure they totally understood. I could tell by the blank stares on their faces as they followed my moving lips. "It's like she's trying to speak to me, I know it!" I could almost hear their little, silent, toddler conversation, "what the heck is she talking about?" "I don't know. She's crazy. Just let her have her shpill so we can get back to our path of destruction."

Earlier today I found Lizzie playing with the water in her sippy cup. I still can't figure out how she got the lid off without spilling it. She's tricky.
It's days like this that if you don't laugh, you will cry...or scream....and pull your hair out...and bang your head against the wall until sweet, sweet unconsciousness sets in and you don't have to worry about anything until the neighbors find your children running around in the street with no shoes or coats on and then find you laying on the floor, delirious and muttering to yourself and the psych ward comes to pick you up....ahhhhh. I prefer to laugh. :)

9 comments:

Jillene said...

As soon as I read the title--I knew. I just knew that the kiddies were up to mischivous!! (0:

Katelyn said...

Wow! You are a better person than I am. I would be fuming all day after that!

Brittany Marie said...

Oh no!! Well, at least THEY had fun! LOL


btw, those chocolates you sent me were SO FREAKIN GOOD! Thank you again!

Debbie said...

You're way calmer than I would have been. I probably would have started right into the, "what are you doing??? Aaaaaaaaah! You are going to time out right now, mister/miss!" You had the patience and humor to go get the camera and take a picture first! So way to go, Shelle! :-) Hope the cookies helped to make up for the torturous day!!

Mary said...

What a bummer!!! I guess they just wanted to make sure you had enough projects to keep you busy during the holidays...what, with you laying around all day eating bon bons and all ;o)

Wendyburd1 said...

What have you done about the tree?!LOL

Kacey said...

Haha I remember hearing some pretty good tree stories from Heidi.

Kacey said...

ps can you tell Joel to send me an invite to his blog? :)

millie said...

It seems like it was Debbie who said she put her tree inside a playpen when she did daycare. I always thought that sounded like a super idea. My method for dealing with the grandkids is to just let them have at the decorations. They're kind of kid proof, but Dave says that backfires on him because his mom has untouchable stuff on hers. So he was constantly throwing Joseph onto the couch everytime he touched my ornaments. I hope he didn't get whiplash.