On Sunday, Mike set up his old laptop in Jacobs room and turned on some church movies for him during quiet time. Yesterday, I decided that since the laptop was already set up and he didn't have any problems watching movies on it before, I'd just use it again for quite time. So I put in a DVD and left. I checked on him a few times and he was sitting on his bed watching the movie. A while later I heard him at his door wanting to come out, but quite time was not over, so I just ignored him. About 20 minutes later I noticed he was being quiet again and decided to go check on him just in case. '
nough said! Thankfully, they just snap right back on.
All of us were sick Sunday and Monday, but Lizzie was the worst of us all. The rest of us are much better and only have the lingering sniffles. But poor Lizzie still has a fever. This has pretty much been her permanent position since Sunday. She rarely lets me put her down which means no house work, no cooking, no shower. I look like poo.

I took her to the Doctor today and after taking a urine sample they are pretty sure she has a UTI. We'll find out for sure when the culture results come back. Poor girly! Here's hoping the Rx they gave her will start making her feel better.
10 comments:
Aw, poor baby! That's so sad! I hope the Rx starts working soon too!!
That's pretty funny about Jacob and the laptop keys. I probably would have completely freaked out.
UTI's are HORRIBLE for little girls!! My H kept on getting them over and over and they finally tested her and she had Bladder Reflux. Scary stuff. She can't ever take bubble baths and if she takes a bath it has to be REALLY quick. She grew out of the reflux around age 2 which was nice but it is known to come back.
Anyway--I hope that you and your family have a Happy New Year!!
You poor thing must be exhausted from the sick kidos! And yet you still came to the meeting, thanks! Your poor little Lizzie just looks miserable. Just hold her and the cleaning can always be done later. Hope you all get feeling better soon, so you feel good for your trip.
Hope you'll all feel perky soon! The pictures are all so cute. Sometimes laughing and taking a picture is the best thing you can do when they get into mischief. Looking back, they're sure fun! BTW we got your family picture in the mail today. We can finally take down your engagement picture :)
I have had the same experience with Heber and my laptop. He has done it a couple times now. He thinks it is a terrific toy! Crazy kids! I hope little Lizzie gets better soon. Sick kids are the pits.
Oh poor Lizzie, she looks like a wet noodle! That's how I describe myself when sick. SO glad the keys pop back on!LOL!
Nothing good ever happens when kids get too quiet. We've had lots of moments like that around our house.
It's so sad when the little tinies get sick and can't really articulate to you how they're feeling.
Oh my goodness! That is so funny that he took the buttons off! A friend of mine just blogged about that, too! Poor Lizzie... That's soo sad! Here's to good Rx!
I'm so sorry Lizzie has been sick! It is so hard having sick kids. And that picture of Jacob with the laptop is priceless.
Jacob might be a computer engineer who designs new computers and makes a fine living!?! Poor little Elizabeth. I cannot say I've ever had a little one with a UTI but the bladder reflux idea sounds reasonable. My sweet kiddos were blessed with ear infections to the nth degree. Poor Chris not only had ear infections but strepp repeatedly!! Poor baby girl, and I want to comfort her. However, I know at times like this, only Mama will do.
Post a Comment