I got a new steam cleaner today. I am soooo excited. Our friends have the same one and it seems to work really well. We were considering getting a new couch, but decided to hold off for a little while longer. But I can handle it now that I have something to clean the very old, used, disgustingly, grimy couch we currently own with. Seriously, you can see the black all over it. I sit on it and cringe. In the mornings when I have to get up at the butt crack of dawn with the kids and I want to lay down and go back to sleep on the couch while they play in the living room, I have to lay a blanket down first. I refuse to lay directly on it.
Our floors are even more disgusting. I hate to think of all the toddler poop ground into it, and puke. Not to mention all the mulberry juice from our tree last summer. It's seriously gross!! So, yay for a steam cleaner!!
Jacob and Lizzie were both weighed and measured yesterday. Not much has changed with Jakers. He is still in the 75th percentile for both weight and height. But Lizzie...she's in the 5th percentile for both. She was in the 15th at her last dr. appt. So, she's shrinking. hahaha. Okay not really, but she will be turning 1 next month and she is probably the size of a 6 or 7 month old. I don't get it. She has the double chin, the squishy cheeks, the wrist creases and fat rolls. Granted not nearly as many as Jacob had, but she does have some chub. She's just a little'n. We refer to her as "petite". People used to see her at the grocery store sitting up in the cart and say to me, "She doesn't look old enough to be doing that!" Well guess what...she is. lol. She sure is cute! I ordered her a size 12 month coat and snow pants. We tried them on her and she reminded me of the kid on A Christmas Story after his mom had him all bundled up. "I can't put my arms down!" She should fit into them perfectly by next summer. :)
Well, I was intending this to be a longer post. But it turns out I've got more important things to do. Dang it. I hate it when that happens. :)
One more thing to add. We find out on the 17th where we will be going for residency. Oh the SUSPENSE!
The end
5 comments:
A steam cleaner! I'm so jealous!
ummm.....kay.lol
I am also jealous! And you have to let me know the SECOND you find out where you guys will be going...after you tell your real family, of course ;o)
I want one!!! Our couch is nasty too. I wash the cushin covers and the arm covers and they look great...but the back of the couch looks BLACK compared to them. ICK!
Oh, that is a make 'em stay in thier room on the bed for the rest of the day kind of day! I think I would have come UN-GLUED!
Ah, yes, we love out Little Green Machine - it's been $ well spent!
Ah, Lizzie's just right in my book!
We're counting the days until the 17th for both you guys and our friends (Sassy and Aaron - they could be going to San Antonio/Boise/Korea how's that for narrowing it down?).
Post a Comment