Sunday, December 28, 2008

Two heads are not always better than one.

My parents gave us a gift certificate for Walmart for Christmas which we were so very excited about, because there were a few things we were wanting to get from there. One item being a shredder. We have been needing one forever! So the day after Christmas we loaded up and headed to Wally World. We found a shredder and still had money left over, so we perused the store and picked out a couple $5 movies and a couple little toys for the kids and headed for the check out. We paid for our stuff and left and as we were loading our stuff in the car Mike stops short and says "Crap!!" That can't be good..."What?" I ask. "We didn't use the gift card!!!", He says. Doh!! Since I was the one carrying the card I suppose it was mostly my fault. But I was distracted with the kids, and Mike just out of habit paid with his debit card. We both felt pretty dumb, but soon felt better when Mike pointed out that we would just do our grocery shopping there next month. haaahahaha. Here's hoping we don't forget to use it again.

5 comments:

millie said...

That's totally what I'd have done. Too bad we didn't put more on it!

Wendyburd1 said...

Ahhh I do that all the time!! And then I want to hit myself because I am usually saving the cash FOR something!!

Brittany Marie said...

Hahaha, I've done that before... AT WALMART. LOL

Mary said...

I love it when I have a great coupon...so I make a special trip to that sore to use said coupon, and completely forget about it.

At least you got the shredder and some sweet movies!!!

Ruth said...

Don't you hate that? I think everyone could be a member of that club.