Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Home Again

Well, all good things must come to an end. We are now back home and trying to settle back into the routine of things. We had a long miserable day of traveling yesterday. For some reason, Delta neglected to tell me our flight plans had changed. My itinerary said our flight was leaving at 11:30 am. So when we got there at 10am, expecting to have a little time to spare, only to find my flight was scheduled to leave at 10:55am, I was not happy. Then they told me that my suitcase was 5lbs over and would have to pay $90. The lady was like "would you like to take something out?" I'm thinking, first of all, I have no idea what I would take out, I kinda need everything in there and second, since I now have a lot less time until my flight leaves, I don't really have time to take things out and reweigh, ya know?! LAME!! So I paid the $90 and went on my way. We got to our gate, just in time to be the last ones to board.

The rest of the trip consisted of crying, screaming, kicking, spilling the coffee of the guy next to us, wanting to shoot myself and once again asking myself why I decided to put myself through such torture. We are VERY happy to have the whole ordeal over with.

I have yet to find the cord to upload pictures from my camera, so tomorrow I will use our old slow lap top (since our newer one is in the shop) to upload pictures from our time in UT and post. So, on that note...good night all. Until tomorrow. :)

7 comments:

Grandma Arnold said...

Welcome home!!!!

Sheridy said...

O man I so know how you felt on the way home. Been ther done that and I don't ever want to do it again. I think that I'll just stick to driving.

Jen said...

Sheesh! That sounds like a nightmare! And are you kidding me, $90? That is really extreme! Look forward to seeing your pictures!

Wendyburd1 said...

90 bucks!! i would have demanded they recheck on another scale!!

Mary said...

Delta definitely sucks, $90 is outrageous!! I flew Air Tran to Seattle, and would recommend it over Delta anyday!

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

hey well at least you didnt have to drive.

I got to fly yesterday too. ONly it was in a 2 seater airplane...and I actually got to fly it. MUCH more exciting than for just travel.

millie said...

It's awfully quiet around here! How long till you can come back? :)