This is one of many Thanksgivings we've spent away from our families. But I think this is the first time we have just had our own little family Thanksgiving dinner. I was a little worried it would be depressing since I usually get pretty homesick during the holidays. But, since I just spent a few weeks at home not long ago, it lessened the homesickness. And while I missed being in UT for our big, crazy family celebration, we really enjoyed having our own dinner here. And I must say, I was rather impressed with my sweet culinary skills. All my food turned out great. :) (That's sparkling cider people!)
This is the first year I have had to roast my own turkey. Boy was I nervous. But thanks to all sorts of helpful advice from various people, my first turkey turned out great. So did all the other food I made. The whole meal turned out really good and I was pleasantly surprised when my kids did more than just pick at their food and then beg to get down and play after 5 minutes. They actually sat at the table for the whole meal and ATE! Yes, they ate. And they liked trying all the different foods I dished out for them. They didn't like it all, but they at least tried all of it. They didn't ask to get out of their chairs until Mike and I had both finished eating. I was so amazed. It was great.
We spent the rest of the day watching cheesy Hallmark Christmas movies, scoping out black Friday deals and just relaxing. (No football, thank goodness.) It was a wonderful day and we have so much to be grateful for. Now on to Christmas. :)
Friday, November 27, 2009
Happy Thanksgiving!!
This has been the centerpiece on my table for the last month. Isn't he cute? We actually had him sitting at the head of the table for a while during Thanksgiving dinner. But then he had to be moved to make way for the real turkey. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
your pie looks delicious!! I can't wait to sample your mad cooking skillz!
Oh YUM!!!! That looks like you had quite the feast! And, is that 'pink stuff' I see on the table?? I missed that this year. I'm so jealous of Mary and Eric at Christmas time... they get to come see you!
Oh yes. Pink stuff is top priority, right after the turkey. lol.
Post a Comment