Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Almost Count Down Time

That's right. December first is right around the corner. Then advent calendars all around the world will start making their appearances in homes everywhere. When I was little someone gave us a really cute advent calendar. I wish I had a picture of it, but I don't. I just have the memories. I thought it was the coolest thing ever. I've always thought advent calendars are fun, but I've never really had one in my own house. But then I saw this one and I just have to have it. I found it here. This one is perfect because it's made out of felt and I LOVE felt. ( Remember last years Christmas project?) It's so easy and fun to work with (and cheap). So this will be the perfect project for me. And seriously, how cute is this???



I plan to start on this as soon as I finish my tree skirt. :) Should be fun. I only hope it turns out as cute.

6 comments:

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

Did you ever see our countdown? It's Marry and Joseph on their way to Bethlehem. Then on Christmas, you take the velcro city off and it's a picture of the nativity. And it's made of felt. I'll send you a pic if you want.

Michelle said...

I don't think I did see it. You should send me a picture!

Mary said...

That is so cute!!!

Grandma Arnold said...

This is adorable!! I would love to see a picture of Marissa's as well.

Wendyburd1 said...

This is like a very updated one that I have grown up with, we love it, it is a family tradition, I will take a pic and send it to you when the decs are up. i told my Mom she has to make me one exactly like this one someday

Brittany Marie said...

WOW that is cute!!

PS: I can't believe you only have 17 weeks left. Holy crap!