Two statements I hear from Jacob on a regular basis since we've been home. That and "Where Gramma go? where Gampa go?" It's very sad. "The guys" = his cousins. Usually referring to my sister Jolynn's kids. I think he learned one name while we were there and that was Max. An easy name to remember. That and "Lyn". He was always asking to go to "Lyn's house" to see the puppies. Anytime he referred to another cousin it was "da nudder guy". Translation, "the other guy". Life is so boring to him now. He had lots of fun with all his cousins and especially those puppies at Jolynn's house. They have 5 new little puppies that just opened their eyes (cutest little rolly polly puppies you've ever seen!) and a bigger puppy named Lizzy. Jacob especially loved the bigger puppy because he could run around and torture...I mean play with her. That poor dog was constantly getting pushed or her tail pulled or a ball thrown at her head. I felt bad for her. Anyhoo...life will never be the same for him now and I am sure he will be asking about his cousins and puppies for a long time.
Oh and another cute/sad story, depending on how you look at it. While we were there my sister Steph came down as well. Steph and Kacey look a lot alike and it was quite confusing to Jacob. When he saw her he says, "anudder Kacey!!" And that is what he called her most of the time we were there. By the time we left I think he finally started calling her "Aunt Stephy". I say cute/sad story because I think it is both. It's sad because we are never there so he has no idea who anyone is. It's like he is meeting everyone for the first time all over again. Poor kid. I am sure it will be the same story next spring when we go to Texas to visit Grandma Arnold. Oh to live closer to everyone...or at least be able to find a direct flight home. :)
2 comments:
Eric's niece still calls me Ariel b/c her favorite movie is The Little Mermaid, and she has met Eric more than me...so it fits that the girl with him would be Ariel, in her mind.
It is hard not being able to see family as often, and you still haven't even met Eric yet!
The guys and the puppies (and me)miss you guys and wish you could come for Christmas. Don't feel too bad for Lizzie the puppy. She deserves what Jacob dished out and then some-the little stinker. Love ya!!!
Post a Comment