Thursday, November 5, 2009

Halloween

We had a lot of fun things going on for Halloween. Unfortunately, I didn't get many pictures of all the activities. We decided to have a party. The kids got to do some crafts and frost cookies and then they got to have a go at this pinata.




I made Travis wait until very last to have his turn, because I knew once he went it would be all over. I was right. He took one swing and it cracked right open. In fact all the goodies went flying across the garden.
I couldn't resist snapping a picture of Jeff wearing Allayna's crown while he worked on her costume. I don't know what he is doing. Sewing I think?? Anyways, he wasn't too happy about having this picture taken.

In this picture Debbie is working on her costume and Lizzie was quite fascinated with it.

Before we went trick or treating we had some really yummy soup (made by Jolynn) in some really yummy bread bowls (made by my mom). There was also lots of other good food as well. Jolynn made a really good spinach dip and 7 layer dip among other things. Yum, yum, yum!

Then came trick or treating. This was the kids first time going and I think they had fun...for about 10 minutes. We only went down one street pretty much and before we were halfway done Jacob was ready to head back indoors. He sure enjoyed the candy he got though. Don't they make cute little bees?
Here they are with their cousin Spencer, waiting at a door.

Here is Kacey and Debbie. Didn't they have awesome costumes?! My camera was on a weird setting, so you can't see the details of Debs costume very well, but she was a jelly fish. I thought these girls both had very creative costumes.

3 comments:

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

Your costumes turned out so cute! and I love the jellyfish. Very origional!

Mary said...

Love how the bees & flower idea turned out. Very cute!

Debbie said...

You can't really see the jelly fish tentacles in the picture Dad took either. I was kind of bummed.

That's an awesome picture of Jeff! :-)