Tuesday, July 14, 2009

WAKE UP DAD!!

As I mentioned before, this has been a busy month for Mike. The kids don't get to spend much time with him any more. Jacob saw a picture of Mike on the computer and says, "Bye Dad. See a later. Bye. Yuv you, Dad". I guess cause when he does get to see him, he's either leaving or going to bed. haha. Anyhoo, he was on call last Saturday and didn't' get home until Sunday afternoon. Both kids had coughs and we didn't go to church, so we actually got to see him when he got home. He played with the kids for a little while, and then went to bed. He had been asleep for a few hours when I heard "WAKE UP DAD! WAKE UP!! DAD! WAKE UP!! I had my hands full at the time so I couldn't go stop him from waking him up, but I guess he just eventually gave up. lol. Poor kid. He just didn't understand why his dad was asleep in the middle of the day instead of up playing with him!! Hello!

3 comments:

Jillene said...

I used to have that same problem when my husband worked a Graveyard shift. The kids wanted him awake and didn't get that he hadn't slept all night like they had. hehe--kids are so funny!!

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

aw poor jacob. Our kids have been dealing with the same stuff. Daddy has night shift and sleeps all morning. then they take their naps, and dad wakes up and goes to work.

Daddy woke up earlyer than normal today and mikey said, "have fun at work dad. I love you!" lol poor poor daddy's

Grandma Arnold said...

That makes me feel very sad for you, Jacob, Lizzy, and Dad.