Thursday, July 23, 2009

Otter Pops, Otter Pops


How would we survive summer without you??? There are so many great things about the otter pop that makes it better than your average popsicle. For example. An ordinary popsicle drips. And when it drips, what does it drip on??? That's right, your hand. Otter pops are contained in a plastic tube like thing so all the drips accumulate at the bottom. So when you finish the the oh so fabulous frozen portion, you have an inch and a half of sugary goodness to drink from the bottom. I am a big fan. Mike thinks the melted juice at the bottom is way to sweet. Not me. I try to suck every last drop out of that sucker! And the kids LOVE these things. Some kids eat popsicles really slow, so before they can finish the popsicle is falling apart and they are losing chunks all over the place. But not with these. Again, all contained in cool plastic tube thingy. And the flavors they have are awesome. I get mine from Walmart and they have flavors like pina colada and passion fruit along with the usual blue, purple, red, orange and green. Oh the simple little pleasures in life. Isn't it great!

9 comments:

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

Yum! Only we always called them freezer pops. Why in the world are the otter pops? It just doesnt even make since.

Jaysonsmom said...

I do love that they are clean. I like to melt it a little squish it all up and make it like a icee. The bad thing about otter pops in our house is my son seems to think it is ok to throw the wrapper in between the couches when I am not looking lol. I still love them.

Jillene said...

We should own stock in Otter Pops around here. My kids LOVE them and so does my husband. Matter of fact--he can't eat just one. He usually eats 4!!

Wendyburd1 said...

I love those, though here they are Ice pops or freezer pops. I like when they are slushy so I can drink them!

Momma Sarah said...

OH YES! YUMMY! We got a box of the tropical ones - they are twice the size of the regular ones! OH YEAH!!!

Grandma Arnold said...

Must be hot there!

Mary said...

they really are the best!!!

Bearded Lady said...

Those are great but you know what's even better? GIANT Mr. Freeze pops! You guys here in America don't know about these and would freak if they ever started selling them in America but Canadian have what we called Mr. Freeze pops that are a giant version of Otter Pops. They are so big you have to call them Mister and they are probably close to 24 inches long. We would cut them in half and share or have one to yourself. They are amazing and my parents make frequent trips to Canada snatching up a huge box of them from Costco and bringing them back during the summer. I wish you lived close I would SO share! Otter pops have nothing on Mr.Freeze!

Kacey said...

I was about to buy some Saturday. I love them.