My dad used to watch this show all the time and I hated it. The theme song drove me crazy and I guess I just didn't get what it was all about. Then I read the lyrics to the theme song and it bugged me even more. "Suicide is painless"???? I remember thinking, "ya, painless compared to watching this lame show!"When we moved here we decided to get satellite which now allows me to watch the hallmark channel. On this channel I get to watch back to back reruns of Little House On The Prairie and M*A*S*H. At first I wasn't real excited about M*A*S*H, but one evening I was bored and decided to watch it. I laughed through the whole thing!!! It was hilarious. I watch it every day now. It's so funny. I never picked up on the humor the few times I watched it with my dad. I had no idea what I was missing out on. Is this a sign I'm getting old?
14 comments:
I feel the same way. I was actually sad the other day when the lamp in the TV went out and I didn't get to see the end of the MASH episode that was on. hahaha
Haha. I remember Dad watching this every night. Kacey and I would be in bed and we'd hear the theme song come on and we'd run into Mom and Dad's bedroom. I get feelings of nostalgia every time I hear that song. I've watched parts of episodes, but I've never watch one clear through before.
Funny, I've been watching it for the past 10 years and don't remember a theme song. I must have been busy doing somthing. I consiter the opening part of the comercial area.
haha MASH cracks me up. Thats another one I'll have to add to my Nextflix.
Funny, how as a nurse, I've used the line "incoming wounded" when getting a patient from the ER or the OR! I think you might be a year or two older than when you watched it those 1 or 2 times!!!!
The same thing happened to me. I used to think it was the dumbest show ever, even though I never watched it. Then I actually watched it and I thought it was pretty darn funny! Jeff watched it every day when we lived with my parents for a couple of months, so now I'm a little burned out.
How could you hate MASH? It's the greatest sitcom of all time! How sad that it took you this long to enjoy it. Some of my most favorite memories of my childhood are of watching MASH with Dad. And Dukes of Hazard. And Love Boat.
My Dad made us watch that too!! How else does someone our age know all about Hawkeye and Radar...that is so sad I still know them!
I've always thought MASH was funny. Mostly, anyway. Still...it's not one I'd sit down and watch intentionally anymore. Like Jaimee, I'm buned out on that show and have been for about 15 years. :-) Plus, the theme song drives me crazy because I can't help but think of the lyrics when I hear the music. Ugh! I at least understand how the song relates to the show now though. Still, what a rotten message!
I have fond memories of watching Dukes of Hazard (cringe) and Love Boat with Dad as well. :-)
I think it's funny, but I have to be in the right mood to watch an episode, I am not sure why it just never grabbed me. I would watch Little House any day, though! I love it!
I think my sister actually owns seasons of MASH on dvd. That's a real fan right there. :)
Jon and I watch so much M*A*S*H (hours of it when there have been marathons), and end up referring to it all the time. The more you watch it, the more you love it, I think :) But it is definitely humor meant for adults--I didn't appreciate it at all until I was in college!
I hated it when I was little too. Then when I was sick and stayed home from work I started watching it (cause you know, it's on 10 times during the day). I started to really like it. Hahahhaaha
I was at the mall with my son the other day and they had "retro" backpacks and guess what mash was one of them. I so thought of you and if I had sixty dollars to waste on a back pack I almost think I would have bought if for you lol.
Post a Comment