Monday, July 20, 2009

So ugly, I like it!

Saturday I decided it was time to hang some pictures on the walls. In our last house, it took me a couple years before I got around to hanging stuff up. This time I decided to get on the ball and just get it done. I really like creative wall groupings, (I googled this one)

and decided to try one out for myself. I had a large family picture, some smaller pictures of the kids, a couple collage frames with pics of the kids, the Family Proclamation, and a picture of the temple. I started with the big family picture and went from there. As I finished hanging the last picture and took a step back to survey my masterpiece I was horrified at what I saw. In fact, I couldn't stop myself from saying out loud, "Oh my!! That's AWFUL!!!". It was the most terrible arrangement of pictures I had ever seen. Unfortunately, I couldn't change it right then, because the kids were screaming for lunch.

The wall between the kitchen and dining room has a big open window, so while I was making lunch for the kids I had a perfect view of this group of pictures. And like a train wreck, I just couldn't stop myself from looking at it. My eyes just kept finding there way back to that wall, and much to my surprise, the more I looked at it, the more I LIKED it. I am now to the point where I really want to keep it like it is. It's totally grown on me. Mike still isn't a fan. In fact, he keeps pointing out ways that I can change it to make it look better. Maybe one day I will change it, but for now I'm keeping it like it is. I'm not even going to post a picture of it. It's like people that decide on a weird name for their baby, so they don't tell anybody what it is because they don't want to here what a bad name it is. Ya, kinda like that. Sorry to disappoint you all. :)

12 comments:

Crystal said...

That's just mean. You know we really wanted to see it. Lame.

Wendyburd1 said...

Awww sneaky I wanna see!!

The Reynolds said...

I agree with the others. It's like telling someone you know a secret and then saying, "never mind, I can't tell you." Maybe your art will be someone else's inspiration. :)

Crystal said...

Ok, there are 2 crystal's I was having a moment....
Rude BTW!

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

HAHAHA like naming your kid a really weird name. LOL!!!! I totaly get why you're not posting a picture on your blog. But you should do it on FB.

Jaysonsmom said...

I have a hallway for pictures in my new apartment but so far no pictures are up lol. I hate putting photos up and trying to get them to look nice. I have tons of photos. You should take a picture I need help lol

Que and Brittany's Adoption Journey said...

Hahahha! I bet it looks great!

Momma Sarah said...

Oh, you are BAD! No fair! I'm throwing a tantrum now! ha ha!!! Come on! You know you want to show us all!

Trish said...

Michelle, you crack me up!

You are miles ahead of me, our walls our bare except for one small sconce light.

Grandma Arnold said...

Now you've really got me wondering, "how bad can it be?"

brandon and jakell said...

really.. we all want to see it :) sure its not to bad!

Debbie said...

So...?? Did you rearrange the pictures? And if not, are you finally going to show a picture??