Jacob had fun just making a mess. 

And eating the frosting.
He wasn't real interested in the actual cookie. Lizzie on the other hand wasn't real interested in the frosting. She just wanted to eat the plain cookie. And she ate LOTS of them. 
We saved some for Mike. He just ate the cookies as he dipped.
The tie-dyed cookies may just have to become a 4th of July tradition from here on out. They were fun to do.
In keeping with a Chidester tradition we dressed the kids up in 4th of July outfits. (Does that dress look familiar Colleen? Thanks again!)

Later Mike grilled us up some awesome steaks. They were so, so, so good.
Sunday night we made these...
Watermelon (virgin) margaritas. They would have gone perfectly with the steaks, but unfortunately I didn't think of it until the next day. I decided these too will be a 4th of July tradition from now on. They were so amazingly good. I like them even better than regular margaritas. And you know how much I love those. :)
Mike's weekend extended through today. So we decided to take a trip up to Raleigh and check things out. We spent most of the day at the mall. They had a fun little play area that the kids played on for HOURS! haha. They had so much fun. I actually did the driving. I was so proud of myself. :) And can I just say, NC drivers know how to drive!!! I felt like I was in Utah again. People actually reached 80mph speeds! It was awesome! It made me happy.
6 comments:
I LOVE the tie dyed cookies!! What a fun tradition that you have just started. And watermelon margarita's?! YUMMY!!
Those are awesome looking cookies, they did a good job!
Those cookies and the watermelon margarita's look yummy! And that margarita looks so lovely on your new table!
How do you make watermelon margaritas?
We missed you on the 4th!
We definitely missed you! I love the tie dye cookies! They turned out perfect!
Post a Comment