1 million cookie reward for his safe return.

So it begins. The life of the married, single mother. We rarely see Mike anymore. He leaves before we wake up and gets home just in time to eat dinner and go to bed. This morning he left his usual time, only he's on call, so we won't see him until tomorrow after we get home from church. I'm not looking forward to dealing with the kids on my own at church. BUT, I need to suck it up, because half my ward is Moms doing it alone while their husbands are over seas. I am grateful I'm not doing it alone every week. At least no yet.
6 comments:
I'm sorry you have to do it alone. It doesn't sound like fun. At all.
ick. I've done my share of church alone. Wait till you have two todlers and a baby to deal with at church. I've handed gavin off to SEVERAL people I dont know just so I can trak the kiddos down. Just make sure to bring a magnadoodle for each of your kids, and PLENTY of snacks. Try 2 or 3 different kids so they dont get bored with just one. (only dont do ritz crackers, they make a HUGE mess). Oh and get a fabric hackie-sack. It's like a ball that wont roll away. Mikey loves his. And he stays put just a little better.
Hahaha! Been there, done that-still doing it. You can do it though, you are strong! And yeah, at least he's not oversea's!
I am sorry he has to work so much! It sounds like my Dad when I was little! Hopefully things will even out soon!!
My prayer for you is that your burden will seem light as our Savior lightens your load. Lots of Love.
Sounds fun been there done that. Oh wait I am a single mom and still doing it lol. Snacks are always good. We did/do alot of fruit snacks. I brought lots of books(we did sign language books) for him to look at they are quiet and also crayons and paper. I am not quite sure how old yours kiddos are butbut I went to the church distribution center and got pictures(4x5 cards) of the temples and prophets and we would go over those. That keeps them quiet and they learn about the church. Good luck and remember its not everyweekend you do still have your husband.
Post a Comment