Monday, July 13, 2009

It's a cat. No, it's a dog. No...

it's just the worlds biggest pine cone!! Seriously, look at it. It's as big as Jacob's head. It's been sitting in our front yard for the past week or so, and every time I look out the window I think, "hey, there's an animal in our yard. Oh wait, no, it's just that pine cone". So yesterday when Mike was out grilling our dinner we took the kids out there and investigated the thing. It is currently sitting on my fireplace mantel. I plan to make some sort of center piece with it. Actually, I may just save it and use it as our Christmas tree. It's big enough. :)



7 comments:

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

haha holy cow! That thing is HUGE! And I'm thinkin yes on the whole christmas tree thing. thats awesome. looks like you're doin good. Can you believe our boys are 3 years old now? the weirdness.

Crystal said...

That is awesome. I hate to think of that thing falling from the tree. I can't wait to see you decorate it for Christmas. I'm sure all your presents could fit under it!

Debbie said...

I had a pine cone that big at one time. :-) A little boy I babysat once gave it to me as a gift. He had decorated it to look like some animal - given it ears, googly eyes, etc...at least I think that's what it was. It was very cute. I may actually still have it somewhere in my endless boxes of things that need to be organized and / or purged.

I'm with Crystal...the thought of one of those falling out of a tree is a little scary. Have you ever been standing under a pine tree and had a pine cone drop on your head? Ouch. And one that size might just knock you out. ;-) Do you have pine trees in your neighborhood or was this one just randomly abandoned in your yard?

Michelle said...

There are pine trees all over the place. We have 2 in our yard. This one was right under the tree it fell from I believe. I guess I won't be standing under it much. haha.

Momma Sarah said...

HOLY MOLY COW! That's a pinecone of unsual size (POUS) for those Princess Bride fans! I expect to see that in your Christmas decor this year!

Grandma Arnold said...

That beats any of the pine cones I saw in Mississippi, South Dakota, or North Carolina. Wow!

Michelle said...

Sarah, you seriously crack me UP!!!