So, it's pity party time once again. I have been so homesick lately. We planned to take trip home right after graduation, but for various reasons it just didn't work out. I found out the other day that we get to go home in October. I thought, "that'll be fun to be home for Halloween". Then Mike tells me that he has to be back before the 26th. Well poo stains!! I was hoping to be able to hit at least on holiday there this year. It would have been awesome if it were the 4th. But I knew that wasn't gonna happen. And I figured since this is Mike's intern year and he's at the bottom of the barrel right now, that Thanksgiving and Christmas were probably out. But Halloween??? Come on. Ya couldn't even give me that!? Oh well. I am just grateful that I get to go home, and that Mike gets to come with me.
I don't know if Richfield is just a super cool place to be during the different holidays, or if I'm just biased because that's where I grew up. But it's just not the same other places. I miss my hometown.

5 comments:
I'm sorry that you're feeling home sick right now. But I'm so happy for you that you'll be going home soon. You so deserve a vacation back home! How long will you be able to go home?
Jen, we get to stay for 2 weeks I think. I wish it was longer, but I'll take what I can get I guess. :)
I'm sorry! Are things getting any better? Friends at church yet? Is church more diverse than your neighborhood? I mean plenty of whites, blacks, tans....all of them?Have the kid made BFF's yet? Found a good sitter yet?
Should have moved to CT, I would have babysat for the cuties sometimes!! :)
I wish you could come for all the holidays! You are always missed!!
The 4th is the best in Richfield! There is no where else like it. I get to go home for 3 days to get my oldest boy (who is with my mom). I am excited to go but it is hard when in-laws are there too. I secretly wish the would move to a far away place!
Post a Comment