Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Attack of the Mini Blinds

I've never been a big fan of mini blinds. I don't really like blinds in general. Unless they are the nice wooden ones. Blinds were NOT meant for households with young children. They just don't survive children. They always end up broken or mangled, AND the string thing you open them with is a strangulation hazard. It's like their only defence against children.

We decided that as soon as we could get curtains we would take all the blinds in the house down. Especially the ones in this house. Some of them I am sure the last tenants put in to replace the original ones but got the very cheapest ones possible that were the wrong size, and installed them incorrectly. I noticed right off how flimsy they were. You touch them and they crinkle like tin foil! I knew then that those weren't going to survive my blind destroying children. My second clue they needed to come down was what happened when I tried to raise them. I pulled the string only to have the whole thing come crashing down on my head. WTH! Okay, so I moved cautiously onto the next one. I was leery as I pulled the string. It raised with no problems, so letting my guard down I moved onto the next set. Pulled the string and IT came crashing down on my head! At this point I'm just mad and throw them all on the floor and proceed to kick the crap out of them. Okay not really. I wanted to but didn't want to have to pay for the stupid things. I decided to leave the others alone.

Then a week later, I was in the kitchen making dinner and decided I needed more sunlight. So, not thinking, I walked over to the blinds and tried to pull the string. They were about half way up when, you guessed it, down they came right onto my head. Can you say LAW SUIT!!! Okay, I wouldn't really, but I was mad enough at the time that I wanted to at least threaten!!

I curse you stupid mini blinds! May you all burn in h-e-double hockey sticks. And to the idiot who installed them, may you have mini blinds crashing down on your head where ever you go!!

8 comments:

Christa said...

Mini blinds are an abomination. We had one in the front living room of our last house. Our 2 oldest broke it and we replaced it about 3 times. We now have the 2 inch faux wood variety and they have survived just fine. No replacing of any.

Crystal said...

Ha ha...that is too funny. Only because I have been there too. We have those stupid blinds in our house and I can't wait to get rid of them. Does your curse cross the country?? Could you send one to the previous owners of this house? Thanks. :)

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

AMEN TO THIS WHOLE POST! May all the miniblinds in the world "burn in h-e-double hockey sticks!"

I decided not to wait to take down the miniblinds in the boys room. they didnt have a curtain for a while, then I just decided to "hang the curtains" and I put up a sheet.

Jillene said...

Oh no!! I can't beleive that you were attacked not only once, but TWICE!! You really should have stomped on them and kicked them!!

Momma Sarah said...

What were they thinking???? Hurry and throw something up so we don't loose the damage deposit??? Good grief! Really, who invented mini-blinds? I think that's going to be a research project for Dalton next year! ha ha!!!

Unknown said...

I'm with Jilene on this one..kick and stomp next time! Those mean mini-blinds deserve it!

Grandma Arnold said...

I think you should report this mess to your landlord/property management company. This is dangerous and any one of you could have been injured.

Que and Brittany's Adoption Journey said...

"the string thing you open them with is a strangulation hazard. It's like their only defence against children."

ROFL!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!