Move yourself! Having someone come in and pack for you is not all it's cracked up to be. Having someone to pack it into the truck was probably the only benefit. Next time I will be doin' it myself. Yes it was nice having someone pack my stuff, but I decided that I would much rather declutter as I pack my stuff rather than try to frantically do it before the movers come so you don't end up with a bunch of garbage at your new place, only to still end up with a bunch of junk at your new place. Also, while it was nice having someone pack for me, it has been a nightmare unpacking. Why, because they rapped everything, EVERYTHING with paper. The remote to the tv, stacks of paper, laundry soap, cleaning supplies, all individually. And my favorite is when I find stuff like this...

Wrapped in 10 layers of paper. I keep finding little bundles like this. If I had packed myself, I would have been able to throw most of this stuff away, and the rest would go into one big box. It's not breakable. Why wrap it.
This is paper from 1 box. 1 BOX!!!!

It's sad that a whole forest had to die for this move. But the kids sure had fun playing in it...and Mike. :) Right now we have 6-45 gal. bags crammed full of paper. And we aren't even half way done. It is taking me FOREVER. I am fairly certain that had I packed myself I would be almost done. It seriously takes forever to unwrap everything. AAAAAAAAAH! So much for our trip to the beach this week. :(
8 comments:
MAN that is a lot of paper!!
That's crazy! What were they thinking?????? Are you liking your house? That is if you can see it for all the paper.
But your stuff is safe. Plant a tree in the backyard and be happy if nothing is broken or missing! :p
Heres what you do with the paper. Start balling it up, and make snowmen out of it. The kids would love it. Then with the extras make snowballs, and have a snowfight. :D
And take the trip to the beach. Trust me. Taking a little time off to relax in your new place is WELL worthh it.
Yes I think that you should take your trip to the beach, do all the stuff you want while mike is still home. Unpacking you can do that later while he is at work. and on the weekend when he is home to help! Go to the beach I say!
I always end up leaving a few boxes packed...and then a few yrs later when I'm trying to declutter I find it. I'm glad this Army move wasn't too bad...believe me, it could always be 10x worse than extra paper :o)
I like the snowmen/snowball fight! You could always spread it out and let the kids paint with their hands and feet! Just an idea! Make art! That's a lot of paper!
ahh memories of military moves. But, Hey, it could be worse, trust me. Wait, did you find a trash can, with trash still in it, wrapped? Can you recycle all that paper? I'm glad you now have A/C!! Here's lots of love coming your way. Can't wait to see you guys again. Mom Arnold
Post a Comment