Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

Even though Mike and I don't really do anything for each other on V-day(unless you count the chocolate cow pie I made for him last year),
we still usually do something fun for and with the kids. Last year I got all crafty and made valentine gifts for the kids. This year I have no motivation. Mostly because I feel huge and tired and I can't even manage to keep my house clean most of the time. But, I still managed to fit in a couple fun activities for the kids.

(the top is mine and Lulu's and the bottom one is Jacob's.) I had plans for a bunch of other things, but ya know. Like I said, no motivation. So, this year was kinda lame. BUT, you cannot have valentines day without sugar cookies. It's a rule in my house.
First they got to play with some cookie dough (mostly ate it) while I made the actual cookies.

Then they each got a cookie and some strawberry flavored frosting. (because I ran out of red food coloring and had to use strawberry flavored kool-aid to color it. Worked out pretty good and I think I may just do that from here on out.) I put some frosting on Lulu's cookie to show her how to do it and she actually tried to add more. But mostly they just ate the frosting. Notice Jacob's cookie remained frostingless. :)



I also let the kids pick out a valentine balloon at Walmart the other day. Because when we walked in they had them EVERYWHERE!! We're talking, every clothes rack and every check out stand had at least 10 balloons hanging from it. There was no way I was getting out of there WITHOUT letting them have a balloon.

For dinner, we are having heart shaped biscuits and gravy. And that folks will be it. No chocolate covered strawberries or chocolate cow pie this year. Sorry. Maybe next year.

3 comments:

Tara Priddis said...

(Priddis) Okay so you talked about the sugar cookies on FB. So of course I had to have some. But since I'm lazy I went and bought the store made kind instead. But I love your idea of having the kids play with the dough like playdough. I'm going to try that next time. I might get more done.

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

you did more than me! We just stayed up the night before and watched a movie together, then when 12 rolled around we said happy Valentines day to eachother...that was it.

good for you for being a good mom and actually doing something!

Grandma Arnold said...

Good job for being almost due!! Don't think I did that much when I was at your stage.