Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy V-day!

Well, Valentine's day ended up being a pretty average day for us. I worked on these little Valentines for the kids and for Mike during the week and then filled them with little goodies the night before. (Okay, so I made one for myself too.) I got both kids little stuffed animals to go with them just for funzies. They LOVED them. I didn't get a stuffed animal for Mike, but he got some goodies in his as well. He saw his the night before and didn't act to thrilled about it. I put his on his alarm clock the next morning and put the kids out in the living room where they would see them when they woke up. Mike evidently didn't see his and he came into the living room and asks, "Do I get one too?" all excited. I think he was just humoring me. (I found this cute idea from this fun blog.)

We had plans to do fondue for dinner with chocolate covered Strawberries for dessert, but ended up having to do our bi-monthly grocery shopping trip that afternoon and since we have to go all the way out to Leavenworth it pretty much took up the rest of our day. We ended up grabbing a pizza on the way home and ate it in the car. I had no motivation to cook after a long shopping trip. So, we decided to save the fondue for my birthday and I made the chocolate covered strawberries today.

I had lots of leftover chocolate, so I dipped some banana slices...still had some left over, so I made a chocolate cow pie for Mike. Now that's love I tell ya!! Who could ask for more than chocolate poop.

Yummmmmmmmm!

I hope you all had a fabulous Valentine's/Singles Awareness Day full of lurve...and ate lots of chocolate!!!!!

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Mmmmm! Those chocolate strawberries look awesome!!

Christa said...

I love your Valentine's! They're so cute!

Momma Sarah said...

AWWWW, you are so crafty and creative like that! Love the chocolate 'poop'!

Mary said...

I always knew Mike was a poop-eater!!