Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Money Pit

Mike actually said it well in his "Ode to My Clunker" post he did today. I will be very surprised of ol' Suzy lasts long after we move. I'm beginning to wonder if she'll last the 3 1/2 months until then. She's served us well, but it's time for her to go. She's costing us too much money. If we were making enough now for a monthly car payment we would have traded her in already. But for now we just have to hope she doesn't drain our savings from all her repairs before we move so we will still have enough for a down payment on a newer car when we get there. Come on Suzy. Hang in there just a little bit longer!!

6 comments:

Momma Sarah said...

ARG! Actually, I'm pleasantly surprised she's held on this long! She's been cross country a few times and had been driven quite a lot! We'll cross our fingers with you that she'll hold on long enough without draining you!

Wendyburd1 said...

I forget, where is the move? I wanna say North Carolina??

Que and Brittany's Adoption Journey said...

I HATE spending money on cars! You can imagine what conflict that causes in a marriage where Que is the other half. :p

Michelle said...

Ya, we're going to North Carolina. I'm tempted to rent a car for the drive and leave Suzy here. haha.

Brittany Marie said...

You won one of the books in my giveaway! Tune in tomorrow to see which one! :p

Mary said...

I am praying my car lasts until I graduate and get a real job...here's hoping for both!!!