Monday, February 2, 2009

Crazy Kids

Or crazy me. Whichever. Jacob was extra bored today and while I was cleaning he was getting into all sorts of trouble. We got a new TV a while ago and put the old one in Jacobs room. Well, I hear them laughing about something in the living room and when I found them, Jacob was holding the rabbit ear antennae that goes to the TV in his room and one was broken. I went to inspect the rest of the damage and found he had also managed to unhook the digital converter box and unplug several other things, so I thought maybe I should find something more constructive for him to do. I actually got this idea out of the Toddler Busy Book and don't know what I was thinking by actually trying it. They sure loved it though. In theory it probably would work if I had a tarp big enough to cover the entire floor...and didn't have a kid who likes to throw things in the air. But it did not end up being a contained mess. By the time they finished, the majority of the paper was off the tarp.

When Mike got home he found the first clear space he could see and took a nap to wait out the disaster.
Then he was nice enough to help me clean up. After that I decided to have the kids do something that would make a little less of a mess and let them play with some plastic Easter eggs I found stashed away from last year. I should have just done that in the first place. That occupied them for a long time and was much easier to clean up. I guess it really is time for me to get on the ball and plan out some daily activities for these kids so they don't get bored. Have I mentioned that I really want a fenced in back yard?? One day, one day!

11 comments:

Debbie said...

Haha, nice! You're such a good sport, Shelle! I'd probably get all grumpy at the mess and ruin the fun.

Penny said...

I love these pics! Kids are always happy when there is a mess involved!

Shanna said...

LOL yah but they loved it. There is nothing like a happy and busy toddler!!!!

Mary said...

It seems like the activities that don't make a mess aren't as fun. Go figure! I admire what a great sport you always are with their messes. It is so important to take the opportunity to laugh instead of yell.

Jillene said...

How fun!! I think I would like to play in all of that paper!!

Jen said...

What a fun little mess. I like the picture of Lizzie with the binkie in and the paper all over her. Your a good mom!

Anonymous said...

HAHA! I Love the pic of Mike! Now if you come up with activities for you kids,let me know we are so BORED!

Katelyn said...

I'm with you! I think I want a fenced in back yard more than anything else!

P.s. I have to let everyone know that the word varification that it is making me type is horshiet. LOL.

Unknown said...

That activity looks so fun! Like snow inside, and without the cold! Just the way I like snow!

Michelle said...

Katie, you have to remember that word for my tomorrows post. :)

Wendyburd1 said...

What exactly WAS that 1st activity? It sounds scary, LOL, but I AM afraid of papercuts now, so it is just me I am sure!♥