Saturday, February 7, 2009

She CAN do it!


Evidently she's been hiding it from us this whole time. I posted before about Lizzie taking her first steps without us. We have been trying and trying to get her to do it again and she did once. Just once and it was just one step. I kept thinking, how is it that she can climb up on almost anything and she can stand up by herself without having to pull her self up on anything, she has great balance, but yet she won't walk?! Evidently she was just waiting for us to stop bugging her about it. I guess she likes to do thing in her OWN time without people nagging her about it. We pretty much gave up on trying to coax her to do it. Then today I took her in to Jacobs room so we could say prayers before he went to bed. Mike was sitting on the floor with Jacob and I put Lizzie down on her feet, which I normally do. Usually she would immediately fall to her knees and start crawling, but this time she took us by surprise and took a couple steps before falling to her knees. I thought it was a one time thing, but then I picked her up and set her down again and she took not one...not two...not three...but EIGHT steps with NO problems. She walked to Mike like she'd been walking for weeks. full of confidence and no stumbling. I think she's been secretly practicing when no one is watching. So, I guess now I know to just leave her alone and let her do her thing.


(I was hoping to get a video to post on here of her walking, but surprise, surprise...she refuses to do it again. She's a stubborn one!)

5 comments:

Debbie said...

What a girl! That will be fun to see a video when you get it. She'll be like Kori used to be and like Brianna is - so small that it's strange to see them walking!

Wendyburd1 said...

Yay Lizzie! Wow 8 steps, she must be practicing!! That is so good that you were both there this time though! What a good girl!!

Unknown said...

How cute! SHe is getting big so fast.

Christa said...

My youngest held out until he was 15 months old before he started walking. I know all about stubborn kids.

Brittany Marie said...

Wow!