Sunday, February 14, 2010

Potty Training Progress

Can I just tell you how much easier things have been since we waited until he was ready. I was beginning to think he would never be ready. Then I decided to put him in pull ups just to see what he would do. He would occasionally ask to go potty, but for the most part just go in his pull-up. After a week of that I finally just decided to put him in big boy undies to see how he'd do. And let me tell you, he immediately started going in the potty. He didn't like the feeling of wet undies. We still have an accident or two during the day, but I am so amazed with what he is doing. Usually his accidents happen when he is really involved in something and not paying attention. It has been a week now and he finally went poop in the potty. We still put him in diapers at night time and lately he has been asking to go potty even when he is wearing a diaper. This morning he woke up dry and asked to go potty and for his big boy undies. It has been a lot easier than I was expecting. I am soooo glad I didn't push it before. He's doing so good and I am hoping he will be completely trained in the next couple day. Fingers crossed. :)

2 comments:

Katelyn said...

Isn't it amazing how much better they do when they decide for themselves that they are ready? Yay! I'm excited for you!

Grandma Arnold said...

Way to go!!!!!! Potty training must be "baby led" in order to be successful, else only Mommy gets trained to grab them up and put them on the potty. Kids should be given the opportunity to do it themselves!!!