Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Dear children who wait for the bus outside my house,

I would really appreciate it if you would not:

Ride up and down my driveway on your skateboards and slam into my garage door,

Throw things around my yard and especially around my garage door. I know it was one of you who broke one of the windows on the garage door. I know it's tempting with all the pine cones lying around, but please refrain.

Slide around on the ice on my driveway and slam into my garage door and throw chunks of ice around,

Leave your garbage in my yard.

Thanks.


Dear Parents waiting with their children waiting for the bus outside my home,

When you see your children doing the above things why on earth do you just stand there and LET THEM??? Why do you wait for me to come out and tell them to stop?? Seriously.

Also, please stop leaving your beer cans, Mt. dew cans and coffee cups on my lawn and in my garbage can. Thanks.

Your annoyed Neighbor

p.s. I'm a little curious as to why some of you drive your children to and from the bus stop when you live just down the street. It's a little weird to me.

9 comments:

Sheridy said...

You could call bus garage and ask them to move the bus stop.
Or when they are in front of your house stand outside and watch them. Hehehehe. just a few sugjestions.

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

Yeah I'd call the bus garage and see if you cant get the stop moved down the street to one of the kids houses who actually is going to school.

Or you can take more drastic measures and set up fireworks with an on switch from the inside of you home. The moment someone "crosses the line" LET EM GO!

Mary said...

I agree about getting the stop moved, and I'm sure they would agree if you tell them what's been going on.

Or maybe getting a large dog and chaining him to the mail box...

Jillene said...

I would stand out there with my camera. Maybe that would make them stop. Otherwise--see if they can move the bus stop away from your property.

Jen said...

That's annoying. Missouri's bus transportation is really big sticklers and the stops, I've called them asking about some changes because of where our's is but they won't budge. So, if North Carolina is anything like here it won't do any good. The parents are being lazy, they just want to be a friend, they need to whip their kids in shape and not allow any of that crap. I walk Nate to and from the bus stop each day, and if he's walking on the grass I have to remind him to get back on the sidewalk. And getting in the car to drive to the bus stop-LAZINESS! If you are getting in the car, why not just finish the trip and go all the way to the school. A little brisk walk to the bus stop is good for them! I'm sorry you have to put up with such crappy conditions for a bus stop!

Wendyburd1 said...

I KNOW Michelle!! We are the bus stop in our neighborhood too! And parents drive their kids to the stop and STAY in our way until the bus drives off! Seriously it is hard to USE our own driveway from 7-8ish and from 3 to 4ish. They park around our driveway blocking the mailbox and everything! Spoiled kids who litter too!

Penny said...

I think you should dress like a witch and go out there chanting things and throw sparkley glitter on them. Or you could start offering them candy and puppies. I bet that bus stop would be moved awfully fast.

brandon and jakell said...

That sucks. I walk my kids to the buss everyday, glad my kids have a good group of kids at theirs so they don't have bad examples to follow!

I say call and move the stop too...but you usually have to have multiple requests from random people before they will do anything...at least around here its that way.

Good luck!!





http://smileadaygiveaways.blogspot.com

Ruth said...

Lol. I love your letters to all the stupid people of the world. They make me feel like a good person because a) I would not let my child trash the bus stop and b) I get really annoyed with people and have angry conversations with them in my head. It's nice that I have such great company. :)