Sorry these aren't the best pictures. Some of them are pretty blurry because she wouldn't hold still. I first noticed her doing this when we started doing time outs with her. When we would go to let her out of her room we would find her gathering whatever she could find in her arms and crying. It was like a comfort thing to her. Now she just randomly does it. She goes around the house gathering up all sorts of random stuff and she gets pretty frustrated when she can't hold it all and she keeps dropping stuff. She usually comes to me and wants me to hold some of it for her. She is a funny girl.
This picture is of the first time she did it. I picked her up and sat down with her and her little collection and she fell asleep. Yes, that is one of Jacob's shoes she is cuddled up to.



I find little stashes of random things around the house, like this. A pair of pants, some toys and I think a sock...not sure. Yes, that is an armless and legless barbie doll. She is from the dollar store and easily dismantleable (if that's even a word).


She recently started using baskets or boxes to gather stuff in since she can't always hold all her collection in her arms. In this one she's got a pair of Jacob's pajamas, a doll, a hat, a shirt, a flashlight, a slipper, a green lacing string that goes with a set of wooden lacing beads and who knows what else is under all that. And she is about to add a seat cushion.

Sometimes I wonder if I really gave birth to a squirrel or something. She cracks me up. My kids have weird obsessions and I'm pretty sure they get it from their dad. Cause, you know, stuff like that can't possibly come from me. I'm too normal.
4 comments:
hilarious!! Wait til she takes Mike's Wii controller in one of her stashes...it will be priceless!
"Cause, you know, stuff like that can't possibly come from me. I'm too normal." hahaha....RIGHT! Although I dont know where she got the pack rat thing. She's like the dump creatures off the labrynth. The ones that walk around with all their possesitions on their backs. Silly kid.
She resembles Mike and Mary when they were her age. Her stash reminds me of Chris and his blanket, which went with him from room to room.
That is too funny. Hopefully it doesn't stick around forever and we'll all see her on Hoarders or something like that. :)
Post a Comment